Job Reference: J123-1126---BLACKHEATH
- The Huntercombe Group
- Blackheath, SE London
- £37,674 per annum
We are currently seeking a part time Hospital Discharge Social Worker to join our team at Blackheath Brain Injury Rehabilitation Centre, located in South East London.
We would be delighted to speak to you If you’ve previously worked for the NHS
The centre provides a person-centred inpatient rehabilitation and care for male and female adolescents and adults (over 17 years) with a brain injury or other complex neurological condition.
Throughout their stay with us, our patients are encouraged to make individual choices about all aspects of life at the centre and to be as independent as possible.
The centre is located in South East London close to Blackheath and Lewisham, directly on the A2 with Greenwich, Lewisham and Blackheath stations all close by.
Our Social Workers are highly respected and they shape how we deliver care. Our ‘Conversationinto Action’ programme actively encourages everyone to get involved and drive change for the better.
Huntercombe can offer you a rewarding career where you will be valued as a key member of our team and every day you’ll be able to make a difference to the lives of our patients and residents, supporting and encouraging them to achieve their goals and ambitions.
Most patients and residents are referred via NHS and local authorities. We play an integral part in contributing to new models of care outlined in the Five Year Forward View.
As a Social Worker working in our Brain Injury Rehabilitation and Neurological Care Centre your main duties will be:
- To provide social work input to the assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of patients within the service.
- To undertake pre-admission assessments as part of the hospital team and particularly where social care issues appear prominent.
- To contribute to rehabilitation planning for patients moving through the care pathway to less restrictive environments
- Providing support and advice in the respect of the Mental Health Act with particular emphasis on safeguarding, advocating and discharge planning
- Attending and participating in clinical team meetings, Mental Health Review Tribunals and management meetings
- Providing written and or verbal report to Case Conferences and other related proceedings
To join The Huntercombe Group as a Social Worker you will:
- Hold a recognised professional qualification in Social Work
- Be registered with HCPC
- Have detailed knowledge of safeguarding legislation, policies and procedures
- Be skilled in developing positive relationships with external and internal departments, family, carers and other stakeholders
- Be a confident IT user
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to use regular supervision and training to reflect on practice and develop new skills
- Be flexible and adaptable, well organised and able to manage time and workload effectively in line with the needs of the service
- Have proven knowledge of relevant legislation including Mental Health Act 1983/2007 and the Mental Capacity Act 2005 as it relates to social workers.
In return we offer you:
- A thorough induction programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
- Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
- The opportunity to participate in a company contributory pension scheme with up to 3% matching contributions
- Maternity leave at 3 month’s full pay and 3 month’s half pay
- 2 weeks paid paternity leave
- Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit
- Death in service benefit equivalent to 2 x salary
- A range of staff discounts
- Opportunities for training and development
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
An enhanced DBS (England) or PVG/Disclosure Scotland (Scotland) Disclosure will be required for all successful applicants. Costs will be met by the Company.
If you like what you have read, are dynamic, forward thinking and keen to learn, with a confident ‘CAN DO’ approach in all you do, please click Apply now.
To learn more about The Huntercombe Group please visit our website.