Social Media Manager / Online Community Manager - London, EC1N
A Social Media Manager / Online Community Manager who is passionate about running is needed to join an exciting YouTube Channel and content brand. Savvy in everything social expect to grow and manage their running community across Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Strava and beyond!
Initially you will be working remotely, but you will be expected to attend the office in Clerkenwell on a regular basis once all lockdown restrictions have been removed, with room for some flexibility regarding part-time remote working.
With a mission to bring great content to those who love to run (regardless of ability) this innovative start-up produces engaging content that the running community is inspired by and wants to share. From educational how-to guides, to top tips and exciting challenges you'll live and breathe the running community you build, going above and beyond to drive recognition and support growth.
Working at the forefront of the business the Social Media Manager / Online Community Manager will have a wide creative scope to find and create content, to run with new ideas, and to engage directly with the community to find new ideas, or capture exciting user-generated content. Whether you are planning content (copy, imagery, videos, memes, tagging); writing and scheduling email newsletters; creating YouTube thumbnails; optimising searches; collaborating with content creators; capturing video / photos at training sessions, events or races or coordinating with external agencies, it will be your superb attention to detail that contributes to the direction of the company, content and brand.
You will be a passionate runner, who understands the channel's tone of voice, and who really "gets” running - you are able to speak to runners of all abilities in an authentic way. You need to be an active runner and someone who would be comfortable creating social content at training sessions, events and races. Please include within your application a cover letter, outlining your passion for running (your ability isn't important) and what you feel you can bring to the role. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
To qualify... You should be a Social Media Manager / Online Community Manager / Social Media Executive / Social Media Strategist / Communications Manager / Online Marketing Manager / Digital Marketing Exec / Social Media Influencer or similar with a CV and cover letter that demonstrates:
- Brand, agency or event experience as a social media manager or community manager. (We would consider candidates with experience at account executive level, or with relevant personal experience - e.g. as an influencer);
- Excellent attention to detail - this person is the voice of the business, typos or bad grammar are not acceptable;
- The ability to write good copy, and adapt the tone of voice / style depending on context;
- Photoshop skills - you will need to be able to create impactful assets for social media, for different channels, including YouTube thumbnails;
- An understanding of paid social media (performance marketing) techniques and analytics;
- A creative mindset - the ability to come up with new and exciting ideas;
- Please provide examples of graphics, images or video you have created independently;
- Basic video and photography editing skills - using Adobe suite of tools.
- Fantastic organisation / planning skills;
- An understanding of the running audience - with the ability to communicate with different abilities;
- Flexibility to work in a small, fast-paced team;
- The ability to get things done and make things happen!
In return the Social Media Manager / Online Community Manager can expect to join a small, tight-knit team who are passionate about running and the services they offer. Expect a rare opportunity to become a key member of the team and have a real influence on the brand's success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all backgrounds.
£24 -30K DOE