UMi provide a range of great services to help businesses go further. But it's not just that - they are building a community of businesses and partners that take the hard work of finding and using the best information, expertise and finance.
Purpose of job / overview:
This position is ideal for an individual with knowledge and experience of social media content production and co-ordination, who wants to work in a vibrant and creative content and marketing team.
During this apprenticeship you will work and study towards gaining a Level 3 Standard in Digital Marketing. The position is based at our office in Seaham, County Durham and you will be part of a 125+ strong team, all focussed on helping make it easier for businesses to do more and go further.
You will be involved in managing several social media accounts, generating engaging content consistent with brand and tone guidelines and aligning with short and long-term strategic objectives.
You will be required to demonstrate key behaviours which include strong attention to detail, flexibility, efficiency, enthusiasm and able to remain calm and focused under pressure.
Team: Marketing, Content and Campaigns
- You will work within the UMi Marketing, Content and Campaigns team providing support to a range of social media and marketing campaigns, from researching and preparing relevant content, scheduling and posting engaging content, tracking reactions, and compiling reports for internal meetings and client reports
- You will measure and report on performance of social media and social campaigns using Google Analytics, Search Console and other online tracking tools
- You will be responsible for engaging on 3rd party social media accounts and community pages, so must at all times operate within UMi brand and tone guidelines and in a professional and responsible manner
- You will take part in internal and external meetings to contribute new ideas and a fresh approach to social media and digital marketing, to improve the UMi network experience
- Develop specific campaigns to create and maintain high levels of engagement, build trust and communicate key messages
- Develop social media content strategies aligned with short-term and long-term marketing and audience engagement targets
- You will help develop and promote UMi services and content using social media tactics, search engine optimisation, email marketing and online advertising
- Work closely with the Marketing Content and Campaigns team to develop and deliver engaging content that is aligned with broader marketing and campaigns
- Closely track and monitor competitor social channels measuring as a benchmark for performance and to discover opportunities for UMi and its partners
- Stay up to date with digital technology developments
- Collaborate with marketing and design teams to plan and develop online content, style and layout
- Identify and build relationships with influencers and publications for the team to leverage for future opportunities and campaigns
- Scheduling & posting social media posts (maintaining and managing content calendars), responding to comments and engaging in discussions on these platforms, ensuring brand guidelines are adhered to
- Stay up to date with developments and generate new ideas to draw audience’s attention
- You will ensure demonstrable understanding and compliance with UMi cyber essentials plus, to protect UMi’s social media presence and accounts
Position within the organisation:
- The role reports to the Head of Content and Marketing
- The role requires a close working relationship with the Marketing Content and Campaigns team and across other project teams
Dimensions and limits of authority:
- The role holder is not responsible for managing and monitoring costs but will have responsibility for delivering all elements of work within strict deadlines
- Decision making based upon knowledge within role and in line with UMi guidelines
- Embrace and demonstrate with integrity, the standards and behaviours which underpin the business’s values
- Maintain the highest standard of professional conduct at all times both in business and socially with colleagues, clients, business networks and partnerships
- Commit to the principle and practice of Continuous Professional Development and to undertake additional training to meet individual and organisational needs
- Follow Health and Safety procedures put in place by the business to ensure the safety of you, your colleagues and others who may be affected
- Uphold the business’s commitment to equality of opportunity to all and following UMi’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy
- Support the business in achieving its sustainability and environmental aims and objectives
- Contribute proactively to sharing ideas, knowledge and best practice to bring about business improvement
- Undertake any other additional tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post
Summary of knowledge, skills and experience – essential:
- Confident and professional
- Strong knowledge and experience of a range of social media platforms
- Excellent communication skills (both written and spoken) – happy contributing to group discussions and talking to clients
- Strong IT skills (competent working with Microsoft Office applications)
- Strong work ethic and team player
- Creative and resourceful with a can-do attitude and fantastic attention to detail
- Ambitious and keen to embrace new challenges, with a healthy attitude towards learning new skills and ways of working
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and operate within a fast-paced context when required
- Strong work ethic and team player
- Summary of knowledge, skills and experience–desirable
- Experience of Social Media monitoring, sentiment analysis and competitor analysis
- Basic video and image editing (Canva, Photoshop, Adobe Premiere etc.)
- Strong eye for attention to detail
- Experience in content creation to brand standards
- Ability to create and manage email campaigns and some working knowledge of customer segmentation and personalisation
- Experience in using online tools and apps to create social media content and simple audio and video messages
- Interested in current digital communications practices and trends, curious about future solutions such as live video, online chats and community management
- Five or more GCSE at minimum grade A*-C / 9-4 or equivalent, including Maths and English
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.