We are a full-fibre broadband provider with £250m of investment. We are rolling out a 10Gbps FTTP networks and have a plan to cover a total of 250,000 premises bringing truly exceptional connectivity services to homes and businesses in the South of England. We want to improve lifestyles and enhance communities by instantly connecting people and businesses beyond today’s broadband.
Installation Engineers will represent the Swish brand on a daily basis as they deliver the following services for our customers
Working closely with our design team to survey build areas, ensuring the network is built for straightforward installations to customer premises
Surveying individual customer properties to agrtee installation routes.
- Individual Homes
- Flats and Apartments
Physical Fibre Install, Comissioning and Testing:
Overhead from Telegraph Poles (PIA)
Underground using OpenReach leadins (PIA)
Underground from our own network of Toby Boxes
Internal customer equipment
- Optical Network Termination
- Residental Gateway / Router
- Wirelss Mesh
Visiting customer premises to identify and resolve faults.
Network Repairs and Maintenance
- Locating Faults in the Passive Optical Network
- Replacing or repairing damaged fibre
As part of the day to day role engineers will be expected to:
- Safely use plant, materials, care of tools and equipment in a way to minimize unnecessary waste and damage.
- Adhere to all health and safety practises.
- Manage van stock to ensure sufficient hardware & tools are available each day
- Ensure all daily reporting, fibre characterization and documentation is provided to the Installations Manager.
- Identify quality problems and recommend solutions.
- Report back to Installations Manager any compliance issues.
- Understand the Safety & Environmental Policies ensure all activities carried out complies with the risk assessment and method statements.
- Ensure adherence to safe working practices at all times and any other resources working on behalf of Swish.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge Required:
Worked on a live telecommunications network, Worked in an Installations environment.
Knowledge of PIA standards.
Installing Fibre to the Premises for one or more of the following:
- PIA Overhead (Openreach Poles)
- PIA Lead-Ins (Openreach ducts)
- Toby Box
- Internal Cabling (Telephone, Ethernet or Fibre)
- Installation and configuration of ONT (Optical Network termination) and Residential Gateway (Router)
- Fault finding ONT, RG and Wireless
- Fault finding on Fibre network.
- Driving licence essential.
Advanced Fibre optic testing - OTDR/ILM/CD/PMD.
Installation of closures, couplers, ODf's and cabinets.
Install, terminate and test on all fibre optic cable types -SM/MM - 8 core up to 244 core fibre cables.
Understanding and experience of IT networking (TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, Switches, Routers, Fibre optic networks, is preferred but not a necessity.
Desirable Qualifications and Accreditations
Current accreditation to work on Openreach PIA network
- SA001 & SA002
- S7 & S8
- NRSWA Streetworks
- First Aid at Work