We have practices across Surrey, East Sussex, Hampshire, Isle of Wight and Cambridgeshire all offering a friendly, personal and caring veterinary service. We pride ourselves in combining your quality of life with your career opportunities. We are Investors in People accredited, showing our commitment to our staff and how much they are valued.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our friendly team here at Pet Doctors in Woking. We are a hub of three small animal practices, with our main site in Woking and two smaller branch practices in Knaphill and St John's.
Headed up by our Clinical Director, we are 7 vet strong with a variety of experience levels and interests. Our large and loyal client base are majority insured, and they expect us to work up cases to a high standard. We have built great relationships with our clients, who provide us with a varied and exciting caseload, a complete mix of surgery and medical cases – something for everyone!
There is a full time position up for grabs here, which will be split between our Woking and Knaphill sites. As our branch practice is sole charge, we are looking for a Vet who is confident and competent with all routine procedures. There is the option to spend the whole week working at Knaphill – it's entirely up to you. We work 5 days per week with weekend and bank holiday cover as part of our rota. We have a dedicated OOH team hosted on site so there is no need for us to cover any night shifts. Our day team covers day time OOH for our clients Guildford/Godalming hub and Phoenix Vets on Saturdays and Sundays.
Your personal and professional development is extremely important to us, and we understand the importance of nurturing talent. We have many opportunities for learning and development throughout the business, and we would love to discuss funding a Certificate for you.
In return, we can offer you the following:
- A highly competitive salary negotiable dependant on your experience + bonus scheme
- CertAVP support and funding for the right candidate
- 5 weeks annual leave + bank holidays
- Buy/Sell holiday scheme – allowing you to purchase an extra 2 weeks of annual leave!
- Access to our ShareSave scheme – purchase shares in the business
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- Company pension scheme – auto enrolment and hassle free
- All professional fees covered, RCVS, VDS
- Fully encouraged and generously funded CPD allowance
- Colleague discount on pet treatments and products
- A range of other flexible benefits such as Cycle to Work Scheme, Gymflex, Perkbox and more.
MRCVS / Veterinary Surgeon / Veterinarian / Companion Animal Vet