Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 7,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
This role will be based on our industry leading companies site. Our Site Technical Specialists play a crucial role in ensuring we deliver a quality service to our customers.
To deliver a multi-skilled, PLC, PC and controls equipment service across a wide range of operationally critical equipment whilst understanding and operating safely and in-line with the customer’s business needs.
The role will operate as the shift technical issue manager and work alongside the Shift Team Leader and shift team and report into the Site Maintenance Manager.
The role will promote KION/Dematic values and behaviours whilst supporting the requirements and activities of our customer to deliver in full, on time, every time and at all times understanding what is critical to quality
- To be the customer’s point of contact for all technical fault management
- Error management ownership and engagement
- Technical fault management controller providing the link and comm’s to the wider Dematic network, 3rd party support and customer
- Adhering to site agreed communication and fault management processes at all times
- Identifying process failures and escalating as required
- Targeting maintenance activities at top (10) issues as identified via the EIS / SCADA data analysis
- Root-cause-analysis of faults using industry recognised tools e.g. Ishikawa, 5 Why, LSS principles
- Rectification and prevention of issues
- Equipment availability optimisation
- Continuous improvement
- Support for the site maintenance function optimisation
- PLC backup, version control and change management in line with Dematic process
- On-site training for the site shift technicians; a controlled programme of instruction and refresher training using assessment tools thus enhancing the overall levels of technical expertise available to the company (in line with the Dematic Training Academy)
- Management of the site (shift) technical training matrix
- Support for the Site Team Leader in data analysis and presentation
- Support for the site ‘hardware map’; a database of fitted equipment which holds parameters, configuration, programs etc. and the fault analysis / swap-out process for each element
- Managing the technical tooling requirements for the shift including software, hardware, comm’s modules / leads and other interface equipment
- Ensuring the safety and quality of your own work and that provided by external contractors in the automation field meets the required standards
To be successful in this highly business critical role you will:
- Time-served apprenticeship / NVQ Level 3 (Or Equivalent) Electrical bias preferred
- ONC qualified engineering qualification or equivalent (electrical bias preferred) minimum
- Electrical controls system experience including inverter drives, barcode scanning equipment, Profibus / Profinet / ASi-bus / ASi-Safe / Ethernet etc.
- PLC (Siemens) required
- PC, database, comm’s networks
- Warehouse Control System / Warehouse Management System knowledge including the ability to follow log-file sequencing (preferred)
Previous experience within a controls equipment environment (warehousing preferred)
Please be aware this is a rotating shift position