- Requisition ID: 223057
- Relocation Authorised: National - Single
- Project: NS&E UK
- Location: Various Locations, UK
- Other Requirements: UK National and in possession of required SC security clearance
Bechtel is a trusted engineering, construction and project management partner to industry and government. Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact. Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Bechtel serves the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. www.bechtel.com
Multi-year UK nuclear infrastructure programme for which Bechtel will provide PMO (including Project, Engineering, Commercial and Construction Management) services. This programme involves a multi—billion investment in nuclear and non-nuclear facilities.
The Site Security Co-ordinator will have a direct reporting line to the Construction Manager and a matrix reporting line to the GBU’s Security Function.
- Identifies and assesses existing and new security risks,
- Develops and implements security plans for programme.
- Plans transition of security measures from existing operational site to construction phase and then to enhanced operational site.
- Identifies relevant security requirements for both construction works and to manage impact upon adjacent operating facilities.
- Advocates for security requirements throughout the project lifecycle.
- Works closely with project management and construction management in security planning for critical project operations.
- Applies specialized knowledge and expertise in formulating and implementing plans, programs, policies, and systems appropriate to various threat situations and local conditions.
- Provides guidance and supervision internally and to client personnel and contractors;
- Monitors security activities and the performance of security services.
- Coordinates activities with client representatives, contractors and appropriate Bechtel management and staff, public agencies etc.
- Supervises the physical security program at programme offices
- Works with GBU Security leadership, project and office management to identify, develop, implement and maintain security strategies and programs.
- Develops and maintains close professional relationships with peers in client security and local law enforcement, to develop timely, relevant threat information and to provide advice on travel security, project and work-site feasibility, incident management, and evacuation for Bechtel personnel or interests.
- Supervises the administration, operations, policy formulation and activities of a project security program to ensure compliance with MOD and Nuclear Site License conditions.
- Formulates specifications for contract security services, assists in evaluating contractor proposals, and supervises and evaluates performance of contract requirements.
- Conducts security awareness, education, and induction for programme staff as required.
- Audits security programs and provides advice to Bechtel or client management in the resolution of problem areas.
- Conducts investigations of criminal acts and potential threats against Bechtel’s interests. Coordinates investigative activities with appropriate management, formulates written reports, and presents oral briefings.
- Develops budget requirements for security activities and manages the implementation of approved budgets as required.
- As required, represents Security at meetings and consultations with client representatives, governmental security agencies and industry associates.
- Reviews Emergency response plans for security incidents, arranges and observes regular drills and exercises.
- Supports the implementation of programme D&A testing programme.
- Collaborates with, and occasionally deputises for, Security Controller in management of personnel security.
- Formal, specialized training in industrial security with some exposure to safety and industrial relations in construction
- Security Management experience in the nuclear industry or within UK military service.
- Familiar with CPNI principles for assuring security in the delivery of critical national infrastructure
- The position is open to United Kingdom (UK) Nationals only.
- This position is also subject to a successful interview and agreement upon terms and conditions of employment. Candidate must be able to obtain DV clearance.
- Current knowledge of physical security principles, procedures, and equipment applicable to protection of projects, construction activities, and offices.
- Demonstrated skill in developing and managing security programs requiring the employment of recognised security measures, procedures, and techniques.
- Skill in verbal and written communications with regulators, senior management, contractors, and client representatives.
- Current knowledge of business, governmental and industrial security techniques and developments to include the application of local laws and regulatory measures
- Familiar with Security Operational Requirements planning
- Familiar with principles of Information Security
- Familiar with principles of Cyber Security
- Knowledge of Bechtel’s Security policies and procedures
- Experience on UK nuclear and/or defence projects
- Understanding of the UK Nuclear Site Licence conditions
- Experience of incident investigations in a highly regulated industry
- Experience of developing “defence-in-depth” strategies during construction of critical national infrastructure.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.