Site Operations / Hub Manager
Bury area - Greater Manchester
The Package: Comprehensive! - £60 - 70k Plus £5k Car and 20% Bonus
Leading a distribution and parcel and media hub
Reports to: UK Operations Director
Our client is a market leading postal services provider. They take pride in delivering and maintaining the highest levels of customer satisfaction and are recognised as a true industry market leader. This in turn makes for a rewarding, progressive place to work.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Operations Management team in a business-critical role. It's an exciting time to join; growth, business change and strategic operational development programmes are all happening, right now!
You will set the pace, the strategy, leading through KPI's and performance metrics so you can measure growth and performance. This is a rapidly changing business, so your ability to lead, manage and cope with change is vital. You will lead with excellent coaching and people management skills, working towards the strategic company vision.
You will be a proven Logistics and Distribution Hub / Depot Operations Manager or General Manager, ready to take your next step to manage a large team and site. You will be responsible for leading a team of high performing managers and colleagues. This includes several hundred colleagues, ensuring performance and operational targets are met.
- Lean management of volume flows from collection
- Leadership of your hub / site
- You will lead warehouse planning to achieve efficiency targets
- You will review work forecasts and determine the resource required to meet challenging performance targets
Leadership of teams:
- You will motivate, lead and performance manage your team to deliver outstanding results
- Encourage employee engagement and participation in continuous improvement and coach team members
- Leading and motivating a large team in the pursuit of demanding cost, productivity and quality targets
Financial and Budgetary Performance
- You will own and manage the operational P&L, delivering and exceeding budgetary targets
- Monitor and control costs - managing a £Multi-Million budget
- Ability to deliver cost savings initiatives, leading and managing robust financial change programmes to improve productivity, quality and efficiency
- Be a 'change champion' though clear communication of change
- Be a 'solution provider' in a change culture and work with other departments to make change happen effectively
- Plan, evaluate and improve business processes and procedures to enhance quality, efficiency and output
- You should have strong people management experience, demonstrating your ability to lead high performing teams. You will be a natural leader who can lead, motivate and develop colleagues to achieve their full potential. You will be an experienced logistics and Supply Chain professional with operational management experience.
- With a natural ability to successfully implement change and manage change - your first challenge will be to set up and help launch a new location!
- Senior Management experience within parcels/packets Distribution HUB environment - site lead or an upwardly mobile Operations Manager ready to take your own site
- Experience in a manual/semi-automated mail distribution sector would be preferred, but not essential.
- Possess excellent business judgement, ability to set a long-term vision, whilst managing the day to day
Naturally, you will have the resilience and tenacity to succeed in a fast-paced Logistics environment with conflicting and changing priorities with the gravitas required to gain the respect of a sizeable multi-functional work-force.
£60,000.00 - £70,000.00 per year
£5500 car, 20% Bonus, Pension
£5500 car, 20% Bonus, Pension