Provision of all-round engineering support, maintaining the building infrastructure. Have a detailed understanding of all new or current Building Services systems and contingency procedures within the buildings, and complying with the Health & Safety/building codes of practice.
Working hours: 08:00-17:00
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Operate all systems within the buildings in a competent, effective and efficient manner
- Act as the Duty Authorised Person (HV) if required
- Issue relevant site Permits as part of the Safe System of Work
- Completion of PPM and reactive tasks and update the clients CAFM system.
- Ensure that daily tours are completed and repair or report any defects found via the Landlord helpdesk
- Identification of materials required to be ordered in a timely manner and completion of the internal Materials Request Form
- Comply with both statutory and company health, safety and environmental regulations and policies.
- Timely implementation and recording of statutory inspections including accurate recording of fire, access equipment and water hygiene records within their specified folders.
- Ensure that Specialist Service Provider worksheets are signed off, the quality of work is inspected and recommendations are escalated to the Portfolio Supervisor
- To ensure that Plant areas, workshops, stores, changing/rest areas etc. are kept to the highest level of housekeeping
The Site Engineer will be expected to operate and trouble shoot all building systems but not be limited to the following:
- Building Management Systems and electrical monitoring
- Blind Control system
- Air handling, air conditioning and terminal units - VAV and CRAC
- Window Vent Systems
- Cooling tower plant
- Domestic water services
- Fire prevention and detection systems
- o Sprinklers and wet risers
- o Fire alarm and voice alarm
- o VESDA
- o Fire suppression
· Approved apprenticeship or appropriate experience within Building Services
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with staff and Customers at all levels
· Formal qualification in electrical engineering
· Experience as an end user of a Building Management Systems
· Intermediate computer literacy using Windows Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook)
· Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
· Excellent numeracy and literacy skills, with experience of report writing
· 17th / 18th Edition IEE: Wiring & Installation
· C&G 236 Parts 1 and 2 or equivalent
· C&G 2391 - Desirable
· Be conversant with current Health and Safety legislation with relevance to safe working practices. Sound level of administration/organisational skills
· Reliable and conscientious
· Pro-active in achieving the highest standard of operation – must be enthusiastic to deliver a good service to the Customer
· Ability to lead, motivate and direct a small team of technicians/operatives
· Well-presented and approachable manner
· Confidence and commitment to providing a high quality, professional service
· Ability to develop a good understanding of the customers’ business requirements
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to prioritise work tasks
· Adaptable and flexible in approach to work required
· Effective problem solving skills
· Ability to remain calm under pressure
· Detail conscious
- Variable speed drives
- Generators, load banks and controls
- AC, DC single phase and three phase motors
- UPS systems, batteries, static switches and associated controls
- Emergency lighting
- High and Low voltage switch panels and associated breakers
- About Us
We’re Integral, part of JLL. We’re a Facilities and Maintenance firm based across the UK. We work with organisations in Mechanical, Electrical and Fabric works with engineers nationwide to deliver engineering excellence for our clients. The Integral family are the largest mobile hard services provider in the UK.
If you’re looking to step up your career, Integral and JLL are the perfect professional home. At Integral and JLL, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing facilities and maintenance initiatives. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections through sharing different perspectives, and you’ll be inspired by the best. We’re focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions – join us at Integral and JLL!
Please note, all candidates are required to provide valid proof of Right to Work in the UK and ID at interview.
A DBS Enhanced (Criminal Records Bureau) check is required for all successful candidates paid for by Integral.