Rail / Civil engineering
Location – Highbridge
“An exciting opportunity for an experienced Site Agent to join our team in the Western region working on a portfolio of civil engineering projects including both framework / contract agreements and tendered projects.”
A busy and fast paced business unit involved in a range of civil engineering works in a variety of sectors to include rail (bridges, embankments, stations, platforms, tunnels etc.), Environment Agency, Local Authority etc. The business unit are involved in multi-disciplinary civils projects across the Western region, whether one off tendered projects or projects within our long term framework / contract agreements with key clients.
Existing contracts include CP6 infrastructure projects, minor works and Environment Agency frameworks with works typically including bridge re-construction/replacement, upgrades and refurbishments, station work (platforms, access for all etc.), structures including bridges, tunnels and footbridges.
As Site Agent you will be directly responsible for the daily management of various rail and civil engineering projects within our portfolio work in the region. Day to day responsibilities would include:
- Ensuring that the contract is executed in accordance with the requirements of:
- All applicable legislation
- The Terms and Conditions of the Contract
- The Contract Health and Safety Plan
- The Work Package Plans and Task Briefing Sheets
- The Contract Quality / Environmental Plan
- Delivery of the contract within programme and budget.
- Liaison with site staff and managing surveyor to ensure tender allowances are not exceeded.
- The continuous monitoring of contract progress to ensure contract objectives are being met.
- Ensuring that in conjunction with the site team changes to the contract are identified, agreed and effectively managed.
- The provision of formal reports on contract progress to the Contracts Manager.
To excel in this role, you will have previous experience as a Site Agent in a rail and civil engineering environment.
- PTS / SMSTS
- Degree / HNC or HND in civil engineering (or equivalent compensating experience in a technical engineering role)
- Experience as a Sub Agent or Site Agent in a rail contracting environment.
- Experience in rail working on civils associated projects
You will be joining a reputable and firmly established, engineering contractor operating nationally in rail, civils and engineering markets. AmcoGiffen are renowned in the market as a specialist civil, building, mechanical and electrical renewals and maintenance business with ongoing and successful projects and frameworks across the country, you will become part of our expert outfit.
- Competitive basic salary negotiable dependant on experience
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Life assurance
AmcoGiffen has a wealth of experience working on sensitive, live assets in highly regulated environments, we deliver exceptional peace of mind for our customers, creating and maintaining assets across a growing range of high-quality public and private sectors. These include rail, power generation, electricity distribution, flood defence and waterways.
AmcoGiffen are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we offer challenging and worthwhile careers to everyone. It doesn’t matter to us what your age, disability, employment status, gender, health, marital status, sexual preference, membership or non-membership of a trade union, nationality, race, religion or social class are, or indeed any other personal characteristics not directly related to the relevant job. Anyone who meets the requirements of the job is eligible for employment with AmcoGiffen.
If you think you have what it takes to join the AmcoGiffen family, please review the full Job Description attached and apply now!