Work Location: Europe-United Kingdom-London
Our vision: Easy Air Travel every step of the way.
Around the world, nearly every passenger flight relies on SITA technology. Globally, almost every airport and airline does business with us, and it’s our job to support their operations. As the world's leading air transport IT and communications specialist, we’re committed to meeting the demands of the air transport industry around the clock, every day.
SITA is a leader in Border Management, working with governments worldwide to secure their borders, and we are seeking a high caliber graduate to join the Border Management Portfolio in Aldershot, UK.
The community entrusts us with an extraordinary task. Challenge yourselves they say. Dream bigger. Aim higher. At SITA, we’re tirelessly seeking new ways to transform air travel through technology and constantly looking beyond today, towards the dawning of a new tomorrow. Can you help us?
We are looking for graduates to join our Border Management business - the part of SITA tasked with protecting the passenger journey and securing national borders. Our iBorders Border Management systems are used by over 70% of the G20 countries and incorporate disruptive technologies such as biometrics and advanced risk assessment.
As a part of the Accelerate Graduate Program, the Graduate, Solution Engineer will join the team for an initial 11 months, during which there will be the possibility to rotate within two different practices. Our goal is to develop our graduates, offering the chance of an additional 11-month rotation, leading to possible future employment.
The Solution Engineering team provides our global customers with professional, timely, accurate and effective solution to improve border management. The team drives new business opportunities by researching and leveraging innovative technologies, iBorders products and extensive Air Transport industry knowledge. When the propositions come to fruition, the solution engineering team supports delivery of the solutions, which requires driving end-to-end solution design and delivery with software development, functional and infrastructure etc., workstreams.
The Graduate role will work closely with our solution engineering team, supporting and contributing to all aspects of the role, including:
• Technology planning, strategy and direction of future solutions;
• Business process change;
• Support of pre-sales activities and proposal preparation;
• Commercial contract preparation and review;
• Implementation and deployment of the client solutions.
This offers a great opportunity to be involved in the end-to-end solution process, discovering how we turn business requirements into solutions to bring value to our customers, and working with specialist teams all over the world. To build a breadth of SITA knowledge and develop your career choices, you will also get exposure to the iBorders portfolio capabilities to understand the products we create and manage to remain as a key player in the marketplace.
• Support the team in pre-sales opportunities to translate customer requirements into new or existing solutions, with definition of innovative new functionality where required;
• Work with the solution team to build and maintain a library of re-usable solution materials;
• Work with solution engineers to understand different aspects of the solution to produce solution specification which requires working collaboratively with various stakeholder teams across the SITA organisation;
• Contribute fresh ideas to the team to deliver better and faster solutions.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Enthusiasm and willingness to learn about working with business problems and technologies to define solutions which deliver value proposition to our customers;
• Ability to think out of the box to analyze problems and design potential solutions in a structured manner;
• Ability to distill information into an insightful view;
• Ability to understand solution choices based on commercial influences;
• A broad understanding of Information Technology solutions;
• Good time management skills;
• Works well independently and comfortably with international teams;
• Fluent in English language (other languages are an advantage);
• Must have good communication skills (both oral and written);
• Proficiency in (and willingness to learn) MS Office applications such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and Visio.
• Exposure to system analysis and design techniques through academic courses at the university or internship program is a big plus;
• Familiarity with software development life cycle (SDLC) through a university project is a plus although there is no software development or programming required in this role;
• Exposure to academic disciplines such as software engineering, innovation and technology management, system architecture, information systems or similar disciplines desirable
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
• University degree at a Graduate level in a technology discipline.