The Shredding Specialist/Warehouse Operative is responsible for receiving, segregating and loading waste paper into a paper shredder as well as various traditional warehouse support duties. The Shredding Specialist/Warehouse Operative is a member of the local operations team who coordinates the parking of all trucks in preparation for the next day. The Shredding Specialist/Warehouse Operative must be a team player and contribute to a safe and harmonious work environment.
The Shredding Specialist/Warehouse Operative maintains Shred-its policies, standards, and practices and ensures adherence to Shred-it’s Vision, Mission and Values.Responsibilities
- Unloads shredded paper, media, and product from Shred-it’s trucks at the assigned branch nightly.
- Operates and maintains baling machinery at the branch.
- Ensures all paper bales are staged or loaded for shipment as required.
- Performs shredding operations in support of Shred-it’s off-site shredding program.
- Safeguards plant hardware and equipment by locking and activating security systems.
- Operates forklifts and performs preventative maintenance on forklifts as required.
- Maintains a clean and safe working area according to Shred-It and NAID standards
- Ensures that truck shredder compartments and cabs are cleaned nightly in accordance with company guidelines.
- Performs weekly, monthly and yearly preventative maintenance on all equipment.
- Maintain a responsible approach to all security and safety matters related to the operation of Shred-it following the company’s policies and procedures at all times bringing the manager's attention to any and all areas of concern.
- Class 2 Drivers Licence is advantageous but not essential
- Minimum of one year of experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment preferred.
- Basic knowledge of forklift truck driving and maintenance.
- Minimum of six months as a certified forklift driver is considered an asset.
- Ability to withstand the physically strenuous demands of lifting up to 80 pounds.
- A clear CRB check.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER