Shipping & Despatch Administrator
Birmingham, West Midlands
Our client is a leading global supplier of precious metals in gold, silver and platinum alloys. They are the UK's largest one-stop shop for the jewellery maker.
Based just outside Birmingham City Centre in the Jewellery Quarter, they are a friendly, well-established SME business with around 280 employees.
Our client is looking to recruit a methodical and well-organised individual to join their busy logistics team as a Shipping and Despatch Administrator. This is a newly created role created to support the Logistics Manager with all administrative activities associated with our client’s external shipping processes.
This role will be critical in supporting the business with Brexit administration and you will spend a considerable amount of time dealing with Customs and HMRC related documentation and correspondence.
In addition to this, the other main responsibilities and tasks will be:
- Liaising with freight forwarders/couriers and any external third parties as necessary to ensure all shipments run smoothly and without unnecessary delays
- General enquiries and document preparation relating to Customs procedures, tariff classifications and duty rates
- Co-ordinating the despatch of customer orders and the delivery of inbound goods and all associated queries
- Ensuring all shipments comply with our agreed insurance specifications
Attention to detail is extremely important to ensure the business is compliant and passes all HMRC audits, including risk identification and mitigation.
Our client is looking for someone with a background in shipping administration or experience in a similar position who has a sound knowledge of different customs procedures and requirements. You MUST have experience of checking and processing shipping documentation and HMRC/Customs declarations for both imports and exports.
You will be required to handle large amounts of data in Excel so you need to be proficient at formula writing and spreadsheet manipulation.
This roles comes with:
- 24 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays (rising to 26 days after 2 years)
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions matched up to 8% and life assurance (up to six times your salary)
- Interest free loans for travel/bus passes
- Employee Assistance Programme – free access to GP/counselling/financial advice
- Bike to work scheme
- The possibility of flexible working hours
This is an excellent opportunity to work in an SME business and build a breadth of experience. You’ll be expected to get involved in whatever it takes do get the job done. If you believe you fit the profile, our client would love to hear from you.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK or hold a valid permit to work in the UK.
Polite note to agencies: our client prefers to hire directly. When they do require extra help, they have a preferred supplier that we engage with. They do not accept speculative introductions and at this time are not seeking to add to their PSL.
Other organisations may call this role Logistics Administrator, Shipping Co-ordinator, Shipping and Despatch Co-ordinator, Distribution Administrator, or Import and Export Administrator.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Shipping & Despatch Administrator, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.