- Provide commercial expertise in the financial execution/implementation of charterparties for company fleets
- Management of all financial aspects of a voyage for Owned and Time Charter fleet in accordance with company Policies and Commercial Procedures
- Review of recap to understand all commercial aspects and highlight any recoverables, advising stakeholders of opportunities to optimise voyage earnings.
- Track vessels to identify potential bunker payments, recoverables and updating the reforecast accordingly.
- Calculation and issue of invoices for freight, hire, demurrage, deviation and other claims.
- Make claims for all recoverables.
- Negotiation of claims issued.
- Rigorous adherence to the team credit control procedure.
- Verify vendor invoices for voyage related costs.
- Analyse the financial performance of voyages and compare to expected results as forecast by Chartering Team; provide timely post-fixture feedback to charterers.
- Prepare and manage hire payments, offhire calculations, recovery of costs, profit share calculations and performance records for all time charter vessels.
- Calculate and make accounting entries and report on monthly P&L reconciliations.
- Ensure Anti Money Laundering policy is strictly adhered to.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal commercial performance for the company
- Support the team with projects, training, and coverage.
- Any other duties as maybe required.
- Strong commercial awareness and financial acumen.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills.
- Keen business sense, ability to seek ways of adding value.
- Self motivated, ability to work with minimal supervision, competent time management.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to demonstrate customer responsiveness towards both internal and external customers, anticipating needs and setting high standards of service.
- Knowledge of shipping commercial matters and Charter parties.
On offer for the successful candidate is a salary of up to £42,000.
The job is a Shipping Claims Analyst role for a large energy company based in East London.
Source : Page Personnel United Kingdom