Bombardier Transportation is a global engineering company that’s shaping the evolution of mobility. We have a rich heritage behind us, but it’s our innovative approach that puts us at the forefront of our industry. At the heart of everything are our employees and our suppliers, with whom mobility truly begins. Bombardier Transportation is committed to developing innovative solutions to move people within and between cities across the globe. As the process of global urbanisation expands and accelerates, Bombardier aims to significantly grow its Services business to build upon its industry leading maintenance and operations portfolio.
We are currently looking to recruit a Shift Production Manager, a person that is to be based in our site in Ilford, London.
You will be responsible for the day to day operation of the project with the aim of (a) leading and developing a positive culture and working environment that drives attitudes and behaviours to support and continuously develop the overall project strategy for improvements to Safety, Quality Cost and Delivery (b) ensuring the Units are maintained in compliance with the maintenance plan, manuals and in a safe and efficient manner and (c) providing Rail for London with a world class passenger service operations.
To achieve this, you will manage the production team, supporting delivery and completion of planned/unplanned maintenance and component exchange programs, providing technical and planning support to the operator.
1. Maintenance Services: Responsible for the presentation of Units in meeting the required entry times and entry points in accordance with the Train Plan Parameters, Train Plan, and the Preparation, Presentation & Hand-back procedure.
Responsible for delivering the maintenance of each Unit, Vehicle and Equipment in accordance with the Maintenance Plan, Manuals, maintenance procedures and general requirements of the Maintenance Services.
Ensure all repairs are undertaken in accordance with the relevant Manuals and the Maintenance Plan.
Ensure all fault finding has been undertaken with a high degree of due diligence to mitigate any repeat occurrence of the fault.
Undertake any Additional Services to a Unit, such as damage and vandalism.
2. Off Site Maintenance Plan: Responsible for the Maintenance Services during initial fleet introduction for Crossrail and LOTrain fleets. Despatching teams to carry out remote maintenance at off-site locations.
3. Depot Operations Plan: Ensure the safe and efficient operation of Ilford Depot complies with the Depot Operations Plan with respect to:
a)All safety critical arrangements are in place to safeguard staff
b)Train movements by Bombardier staff on the depot complies with the Depot Unit Movement Management Plan and depot protection arrangements
c)All rules for pedestrians, vehicles, staff and contractors are adhered to
d)Responsible for fault and incident reporting for related incidents, near misses and accidents at either Ilford or the Outstations
Ensure all Maintenance Services and Production activities are carried out in accordance with procedures, manuals, handbooks and instructions.
4. Depot Safety Management System: Responsible for the health and safety of the Production activities ensuring all risks are controlled to ensure a safe working environment for all staff and contractors.
The risks to be controlled include workplace risks, plant & equipment use, noise, pressure equipment, slips & trips, working at height, workplace transport, workers risks, harmful substances, manual handling, personal protective equipment, vibration and confined spaces. Other risks to control include control of contractors and change management
5. Leadership: Set demanding and realistic production goals through sustained effort to exceed performance targets. Self-driven to drive the Production function to deliver the Maintenance Services to deliver on time and to cost.
Develop strong relationships with the Project Team departments in delivering all management plans.
Provide strong team leadership through supporting the team, maintain effective working relationships, provide constructive feedback to team members and keep all staff informed through briefs, toolbox talks and appraisals.
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS / Experience
•Chartered Mechanical or Electrical Engineer or working towards membership of an approved institute – not fully required
•Must have served a recognised apprenticeship or equivalent period of practical training;
•Technical knowledge and understanding of rolling stock maintenance and design;
•Experience of managing in a production environment;
•People management, negotiation and disciplinary skills;
•Experienced in using problem solving techniques to investigate technical faults;
•Proficient English required