WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
Job Title: Shift Manager - Liverpool
Mission of the role:
To achieve a World Class operations unit which meets the requirements of Sherwin-Williams for the manufacture of high performance industrial
coatings by means of team-working and continuous improvement.
• Ensure a safe working environment with zero recordable injuries in compliance with internal policies and external legislation and efficient operation of the manufacturing shift at the Liverpool site.
• Lead safety huddles, participate in safety meetings and enforce plant safety rules. Participate in safety audits.
• Promotion of a safety culture through near miss reporting and appropriate close out of accident/incident investigations, using the ARC process.
• Ensure a high level of housekeeping is maintained throughout the operations area and 6s is embedded within the culture and daily activities of the teams involved.
• Ensure that SOP’s are embedded and followed within the Operations area.
• To participate in the preparation of the annual operating budget and other business objectives as required.
• Understanding of company P&L – Ensure departmental spend is within budgeted limits.
• To lead and support the shift supervisors to ensure that operational excellence for the 5 key focus areas is embedded within the organization.
• Hire, train, evaluate performance, monitor holidays and absence and determine disciplinary action when necessary.
• Ensure resources and personnel are available and allocated to meet operational demand.
• To lead and promote a teamwork culture throughout the area, utilising opportunities to empower employees through delegation and accountability for actions.
• To chair team meetings as appropriate.
• Manage and support the interaction with the Trade Union as and when required, ensuring an effective relationship is maintained.
• Chair and provide support in any disciplinary and grievance proceedings when required.
• Manage the performance and provide support for the Online Supervisors.
• Provide ongoing development opportunities for the teams within the Operations area.
• Chair or participate in meetings where appropriate in the Operation Managers absence.
• Ensure the employees are suitably trained to manufacture high performance coatings to SOP’s, meeting and exceeding key performance targets.
• To identify areas within the production process that can be continuously improved.
• To ensure that service KPI’s are met and exceeded through high levels of plan adherence, and ensuring flexibility in the operation to meet market demands.
• Provide effective cover for shift managers and online supervisors as and when required.
• Develop, analyze and review a variety of operational reports across the functions to improve quality, efficiency, cycle times, volumes and implement operational changes as required.
• Assist in the design and installation of plant equipment and equipment upgrades to ensure or improve product quality, productivity and production capability.
• Responsibility for shift productivity and throughput.
• Responsibility for performance metrics (OEE, Throughput etc.)
• Ideally qualified to degree level or equivalent.
• Experience in managing in an Operations environment.
• A working knowledge of lean manufacturing.
Personal Qualities and Behaviours:
• An effective communicator across all levels, with above average written and verbal skill.
• A track record of successfully leading teams within an Operations environment.
• A proven track record of managing change within a diverse environment.
• A strong customer focus, both internal and external.
• A strong focus on continuous improvement and their associated activities.
• A hands on approach and attitude.
• Positive and professional attitude with a high standard of work ethics.
• An advocate of team work, and building and managing relationships.
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
Who we are –
At Sherwin-Williams, we're proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.
We are committed to positively promoting equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. All applicants will be considered for employment on the basis of the job requirements and the individual’s ability and merits in meeting the requirements.