- Assist the Team Leader with the responsibility for co-ordination, supervision and monitoring of all staff’s work and practices within the home.
- Co-ordinate the arrangements of appointments for service users to attend GP and other Local Health Services i.e., Chiropodist, Dentist, Opticians and other specialist support services.
- Create homely, domestic and family environment by being responsible for the organisation and implementation of general household duties. Directly participating and obtaining the full participation of all staff in the provision of high standards of cleanliness, laundry, shopping for food, cooking of meals, maintaining gardens, etc.
- Assist the Team Leader to organise regular (monthly) House meetings
- Co-ordinate the shift to make best use of resources available
- Ensure that all staff are aware of and comply with the agreed policies and procedures of Westward Healthcare
- Operate and respond particularly to any requests from the Team Leader, Service Manager and the Registered Manager in new initiatives and providing relevant information
- Be responsible for the effective management of petty cash and the safe keeping of it, ensuring the all necessary records and receipts are kept for accountability within the financial policy framework, in conjunction with the Team Leader.
- Assist with and co-operate in the economic and effective management of the people we support’s budget by careful organisation of duties and shifts. Also co-operate and exercise effective and economic management of all other budgets i.e., equipment, maintenance, provisions
- Assist where applicable with the on-call rota, to provide managerial support to other homes in the area as arranged by the Team Leader/ Registered Manager.
- Certify and sign staff time sheets as required
- Ensure all required daily records are completed and address any gaps immediately
- Complete any required audits and report any issues to the management team
- Fully comply with the requirements laid down by the Health and Social Care Act 2014 and associated essential standards of quality and safety
- Ensure so far as is reasonably practicable the health, welfare and safety of service users, yourself and colleagues in conjunction with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Abide by the code of conduct and practice as set out by the GSCC
- Attend all statutory training to meet Skills for Care Specifications
In the course of your duties you may have access to confidential material about service users, members of staff, or company business. On no account must information be communicated to anyone other than authorised persons, for example, medical, nursing or other professional staff who are concerned directly with the care, diagnosis and/or treatment of the person supported. If you are in any doubt as to the authority of a person asking for information of this nature, you must seek advice from the Registered Manager. Similarly, no information of a personal or confidential nature concerning individual members of staff of the Company should be communicated to anyone without the proper authority having first been given.Job Description
Shift Leaders - Drivers Only
Your potential plus our commitment changes lives
Westward Care, part of National Care Group, are currently recruiting energetic and passionate Shift Leaders for our services in Great Ellingham, Norfolk. Set in the countryside, 8 Acres has 18 single rooms all with ensuite bathrooms.
We care for Adults with learning disabilities and mental health conditions.
We provide a vital part in providing the people we support with the care and ability to improve their quality of life.
As a Shift Leader you will assist with the responsibility and accountability for the 24-hour management of the service, ensuring that all aspects of support and service delivery are focused on meeting the needs of the service users in accordance with the principles of person centred planning, leading the shift an d guiding the team throughout the day to ensure all the people we support are safe and engaged in meaningful activity.
Hours will be working across a seven-day shift pattern and will be part of the direct support team.
Work collaboratively with the Team Leader to support regular supervisions, monitoring and day to day management of all staff within the policy/procedures of Westward Healthcare.
We know the amazing and life changing work our teams do every day for the people we support, which is why we offer:
A Competitive hourly rate of £10.00
Specialist and Blending Training and Development – we believe in promoting from within!
Enhanced Training that includes Induction Training, Service Specific as well as opportunities to complete a Care Certificate and NVQ/QCF
Access to Digital Perks where you can gain discounts on gym memberships, shopping, theme parks, travel and more!
Unlimited Refer a Friend Scheme to earn £300 per successful referral
What we are looking for:
Minimum of 12 months’ experience as Support Worker in a care setting, ideally at a Senior Support Level
Good knowledge of learning disabilities legislation and development.
Person centred planning skills.
Confident, good communication skills. Effective working relationships with colleagues.
Excellent leadership skills
Ability to motivate self and others.
To support Team Leader and help develop the Service.
Act as a positive role model.
The most important qualities needed in a Shift Leader are the ability to treat other with respect, listen to their needs and understand their emotions. Be Kind, friendly and honest
Do you have the necessary values and qualities?
If Yes! Come and join our amazing team!