To provide the technical support that is required to maintain and monitor the Building Services infrastructure at Digital Realty (UK) Limited Data Centres.
Qualifications and knowledge:
- Recognized formal Electrical training (City and Guilds etc). (E)
- Knowledge of Operation of Critical Building infrastructure (UPS, Generators, Static Switches). (E)
- Security Cleared to BS7858. (E)
- Working as a Building Service Engineer over a significant period (ideally 5 yrs +), in a modern Data Centre environment within a large organisation. (E)
- Working as part of a team. (E)
- Undertaking multi-discipline engineering tasks. (E)
- Man management experience in a shift leader role. (D)
Skills and abilities:
- Computer literate with a good standard of IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft business packages. (E
- Excellent verbal and good standard of IT/written communication skills. (E
- Strong customer focus. (E)
- Calm manner, able to work under pressure and able to make sound decisions when needed, and take accountability for outcomes. (E)
- Reliable, and act as a role model to the team in setting high standards of personal commitment. (E)
- Reading and understanding electrical drawings/circuits. (E)
- Skills in working with and managing a multi-disciplined team. (D)
- Leadership and people management skills. (D)
- LV and HV electrical systems
- Data hall cooling/humidity
- Systems monitoring
- Ups and generator systems
- Electrical installation
- QMS & Operational procedures
- Safe systems of work
- To monitor compliance to SLA deliverables to the client areas within the Data Centre, and actions accordingly to ensure compliance.
- To provide a point of communication with customer representatives during day to day operations and incident escalation.
- To conduct the initial immediate assessment of an incident and co-ordinate an appropriate response.
- To coordinate the management of incidents and develop and issue Building Incident Reports.
- To operate the Quality Management processes developed by Digital Realty and work within site specific standard operating processes.
- To undertake duties as required as a HV Authorised engineer in all aspects required in the operation of an operational facility, from safe isolations, to issuing of permits to work.
- To co-ordinate plant start-ups and shutdowns after major maintenance activities or post repair.
- To development and review the Standard Operating Processes for plant maintenance and mode operation for general and emergency use.
- To complete event logs and perform administrative recording duties during the working day for the purpose of rotating shift staff and providing management information.
- Conduct planned maintenance on the building services infrastructure utilizing CMMS systems and in line with Digital Realty standard Operating Procedures.
- Conduct reactive maintenance on the building services infrastructure utilizing CMMS systems and in line with Digital Realty standard Operating Procedures.
- To ensure that all tasks meet statutory compliance and testing is completed, and that any identified non-compliance areas have corrective actions put in place which are addressed within required timescales.
- Monitor Building systems within the Operations Office and provide appropriate responses upon alarm activations.
- To provide first line response to all Building Services infrastructure on site. To escalate to third party specialist contractors where specialist knowledge/skills are required.
- To operate the Concept IT system for planned maintenance and reactive task handling in line with Standard Operating Processes.
- Use the Digital Realty Risk Management process to ensure all works on site are carried out in a safe working manner, to include self-evaluation for non-standard tasks if required.
- To be responsible for ensuring all Sub-Contractors working in Operational areas are supervised to work within the agreed limitation of their work permits.
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Why Digital Realty
Make an impact -- You’ll enjoy the satisfaction that comes with knowing your efforts positively impact company growth and your professional career.The “best of both worlds” -- you'll find that working for our company may be a little bit different. We are small enough, with only 800 employees across our global portfolio, that your hard work will be visible throughout the organization, yet our extensive offering of services and solutions and proven track record of growth; stability and industry-leading innovation give you the resources and tools you need to take your career to the next level.Unique culture -- we are a collaborative, people-focused company dedicated to quality and continuous improvement. When you become a member of our team, you receive our commitment to your continued development and support.Strong foundation -- our financial strength and stability provide our customers with the assurance that Digital Realty will be their partner for current data center needs and those in the future, and our investment credit ratings provide us access to paths for more capital. We view each of our customers as a long-term partner.Green standard for sustainability -- we are committed to improving the performance and energy efficiency of our data centers through the creation, adoption and promotion of industry-leading best data center practices and experience. We are pioneers in thinking about green data centers and are also a Contributing Member of The Green Grid.At Digital Realty the success of your business is our business.
About Digital Realty
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 600 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty’s clients include domestic and international companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products. For more information about data center solutions from Digital Realty, visit www.digitalrealty.com. Follow us on Twitter at @digitalrealty and on our blog at https://blog.digitalrealty.com/.Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
- Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.
- Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.