With our strong investment in research and development and our culture of continuous improvement, Hexcel is the industry leader in the manufacturing of composite materials and industrial fabrics. We invite you to join the Hexcel team at various manufacturing sites, sales offices and R&T centers around the globe. Become a part of the “strength within.”
Hexcel is currently seeking a Shift Engineer for our Leicester, UK location.
- Undertaking TPM (Total Preventative Maintenance) tasks and proactively seeking to promote improvements of the TPM process.
- Assist with fault finding and repair, implementing root cause corrective actions.
- Understanding machine drawings, user manuals and machine schematics.
- Maintain daily maintenance logs detailing work completed. Reports to be supplied to the Maintenance manager on a daily basis and send out shift reports to internal departments.
- Training of production personnel to further improve their skill levels of basic machine maintenance and machine set-up procedures.
- Pro-actively manage workload to minimise impact on production schedules.
- Work with minimal supervision - the post holder is expected to be fully conversant with all aspects of maintenance and safety procedures.
- Be flexible to meet the company’s needs; this may require overtime at short notice to complete breakdowns/TPM.
- Contact with suppliers to develop machine improvements/spare parts enhancements/reverse engineering projects.
- Make autonomous decisions on urgent breakdowns where external assistance is required and coordinate these out of business hour events e.g. fire systems, alarm systems, plant services and urgent facility events.
- Relevant Engineering qualification/apprenticeship
- Basic MS Office experience
- Multi skilled mechanical and electrical engineer
Candidates must be eligible to work in the country where the position is based. Hexcel (NYSE: HXL) is a global leader in advanced composites technology, a leading producer of carbon fiber, and the world leader in honeycomb manufacturing for the commercial aerospace industry.