SHE SPECIALIST – Driver Safety, Personal Safety & Training
The Safety, Health & Environmental (SH&E) team performs various duties in several SHE disciplines to secure compliance with the organization’s occupational health and safety targets and with national and EU regulatory requirements. Since most of our associates work in the field, the normal workplace for this group is considered to be on the road or at a customer site. This is a particular challenge and requires a high degree of experience in a commercial setting.
The SHE Specialist for the Center of Excellence, working from Northwich, United Kingdom, develops and supports the deployment of global, regional or business group specific SH&E programs to address local needs.
Procedural guidance as deemed necessary to ensure the overall safety and health of our associates. With the primary objective to create and promote a strong SHE culture within the local organization, The successful candidate would be required recommend improvements in processes, design, procedures, and operating equipment, and assist in developing / delivering employee training and quality assurance programs. The SHE Specialist reports to the European Center of Excellence SH&E Manager.
• Provides subject matter expertise and support to the business divisions and regional management teams to ensure a high level of SHE engagement
• Supports the SH&E program deployment across Europe in accordance with the overall company strategy and local regulatory requirements. Programs will include but are not limited to:
- Driver Safety
- Personal and Workplace Safety (including Risk Assessment)
- SHE Training Programs
• Assists in the Implementation of corporate, regional or divisional policies & programs and supports the procedural alignment with company SHE policies
• Ensures that any regional-specific requirements (regulatory or industry-related) are captured, monitored and supported. (e.g., workplace risk assessments)
• Support the Global SHE CoE team in the development of the Global SHE Driver Safety Programs and implementation of the Global SHE Driver Safety Policy
• Support the Global SHE CoE team in the development of mandatory trainings, as required by the company and/or local regulations. This may be through internal Learning Management Systems, classroom training or external providers depending on requirements
• A diploma in occupational safety and preferably a technical / chemical degree also
• Minimum of Graduate IOSH Membership Level including a maintained CPD record
• 3 to 5 years of experience and/or exposure in field of business.
• Experience in a larger organization within the Petrochemical, Chemical, Food & Beverage or Water Treatment industry would be an advantage.
• Experience of Fleet Safety or Driver Safety Management and delivering Driver Safety Programs
• Previous experience of driver telematics systems, including implementation, management and coaching
• Experience of Learning Management Systems for delivery of e-learning training modules
• Previous experience of working with external training vendors (e.g. Driver Training and Personal Safety Training)
• Are able to work under limited supervision and can demonstrate leadership potential and coaching, training and mentoring skills.
• Ability to work in a matrix and multi-cultural environment.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver results through others.
• Previous experience or exposure to project and change management.
• Experience in certified management systems.
• Fluent in English (an additional European language would be a plus)
• Willingness and ability to travel locally and in a limited European scope
• Good IT Skills (Microsoft Office)
• Full UK driving licence