Advanced Professional Services is going through a period of change as they embrace agile delivery, cloud technologies and automation. As a primary driver to delivering this change programme is the Service Delivery Manager (SDM), the candidate needs to be an experienced and motivational leader, able to thrive in a high-intensity, high-demand and ambiguous environment.
Assuming overall accountability for a specific division, the SDM’s responsibilities include commercial and line management.
With commercial responsibility for project portfolio, with a value of circa £1.0m in revenues per annum, financial aptitude is critical in order to facilitate collaboration with the Advanced sales teams to ensure services offerings are aligned to sales initiatives to help drive opportunities to close.
Line management responsibility and operational ownership of day to day delivery teams, ensuring their skills match with the demands of the business, whilst further growing a high-performing team focused on service excellence to ensure our customers receive maximum value from the Services they invest in.
What you will do
- Manage revenue and capacity forecasts and recognition to agreed targets
- Own the overall quality and accuracy for delivery of all Consulting engagements
- Work with your team to create Development and Training Plans to build on and grow existing skills to meet the adapting needs of the business and its customers
- Ensure the Customer Experience and overall Customer Satisfaction is at the forefront of each client engagement we embark on
- Help to deliver effective utilisation across the Professional Services Team, ensuring the team are skilled appropriately and we can balance the work effectively between all members – avoiding bottlenecks and burnout due to knowledge gaps
- Day to day ownership for the Services Team, including wellbeing, objective setting, annual training plans, work accuracy, and development plans
- Mentoring and coaching members of the team on delivery processes, techniques and enabling knowledge transfer from within PS, CS and Dev as appropriate as well as externally. Being the key Point of Contact with heads of Development and CS to facilitate collaboration and expedite issues resolution or improvement initiatives
- Recommending and agreeing key annual projects to further the service quality and or revenue annually and planning to implement
- Ensure that consultants have sufficient information to deliver assignments effectively, liaising with Project Managers and other stakeholders as required to ensue correct processes were being followed
- Drive activities across your project backlog to maximise existing opportunities and turn orders to revenue
- Help ensure the Services team meet (or exceed) monthly targets for Customer Satisfaction, Revenue Conversion, Margin, Utilisation and Productivity
- Help provide monthly variance analysis to Group standard KPIs and statistics including monthly revenue forecasting for the year for review by PS Director
- Provide Pre-Sales resources to support the sales processes around New & Base Business growth vis the existing Services team
- Play an active role in the generation of new orders by fostering a close working relationship with the New Business and Account Management teams, assisting with proposals, and contributing to account management planning meetings both internal and external
What you will have
- The ability to inspire and lead a team to strive for delivery excellence and continuous improvement
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate effectively with key internal & external stakeholders
- Highly numerate and able to work to KPI’s (including utilisation, daily rates, backlog)
- Experienced as a Leader with a Consulting or Professional Services environment focused around the Technology or Software sector
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Experience of Pre-Sales Consultancy and Project/Services Definition
What we do for you
- Generous Annual Leave – 25 days, plus public holidays, with the ability to buy additional days
- Employee Assistance Programme – Advice, support, and counselling 24/7
- Life insurance - 4x times salary
- Top Achievers Club – Our yearly VIP trip includes flights, transfers and accommodation to recognise excellence in our employees
- 65% Internal Mobility – Committed to the development & growth of our people
- Advanced Perks At Work – Exclusive employee discounts & benefits portal
- Charity Fundraising – Proud to be a Patron of The Prince's Trust; every employee is entitled to one day of volunteering each year
- Pension Scheme - Up to 5% matched contribution
- Income protection insurance
Who we are
Advanced are one of the UK’s largest and most successful software companies. Our products sit at the heart of some of the country's best-known businesses, charities and public sector organisations, powering their key services and functions. Driven by the millions of people who interact with our products every day in hospitals, schools, transport providers, sports clubs and a wide range of instantly recognisable brands, in our 8-year history we’ve already grown phenomenally quickly with a £254m turnover and 2,300 staff serving over 19,000 customers across the UK.