Winner of Business of the Year at the Greater Manchester Business Awards 2019, Verastar is a leading, next-generation services provider for the small business market. We deliver telecoms and utilities services to over 160,000 customers through our brands including Clear Business and kinex and insurance through our sister company The Insurance Octopus.
Established in 1998, we have over 20 years’ experience disrupting the market and providing a challenger to the incumbent. Our goal is to simplify essential services for our customers by offering the widest range of services on the market all a unique one bill solution.
We are about to move our Headquarters to newly refurbished offices next to Sale Waterpark to support our continued growth which sees us at a current headcount of over 1000 across 14 regional offices.
The Service Operations Specialist, Comms, is a newly created role that will report to the Service Operations Manager, Comms and will be responsible for supporting pre-life and in-life operations across Fixed Line, Broadband and Mobile services. This role will play a pivotal part in supporting delivery against the overall operations plan to deliver people, customer and commercial benefits.
The organisation has grown quickly and so culture, processes and technology need to adapt to better support the business as it moves to its next stage of evolution with more sales, greater complexity across channels and a new generation of telephony products and services. We need to implement more robust processes, take out failure demand and improve customer experience. This role will support the Service Operations Manager in driving the process and performance improvements to ensure Comms Operations evolves to support the group strategy and delivery of significant EBITDA growth targets.
- Support pre-life and in-life operations (including providing support to front-line teams) across Fixed Line, Broadband & Mobile services
- Liaise with internal stakeholders and with suppliers to ensure delivery of service to SLA and to deliver the quickest resolution of service and customer impacting incidents
- Monitor, analyse & drive performance of critical operational processes throughout the customer lifecycle to achieve SLAs and business KPIs
- Ensure readiness across Operations and successful transition into operations of industry-initiated change, business change and improvements in e2e operational performance and customer experience across comms products
- Investigate and resolve the root cause of issues resulting in billing discrepancies between internal and supplier systems
- Reporting and insight into operational performance and the production of reporting to industry bodies as required
- Support the development and maintenance of best practice service operations ways of working and act as point of contact and escalation in the event of major service and customer-impacting issues
Skills & Experience
- Background in telecoms or ISP operations, with excellent knowledge of key industry processes and regulation. Expert knowledge of WLR, LLU and NGA products preferred.
- Experienced Service Operations specialist with experience of service transition and significant operational change
- Experience of managing faults and incidents impacting both customers and customer-facing teams within a business
- Experience supporting a modern customer service environment would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills with ability to work across a range of internal and external stakeholders to enable fast resolution of issues impacting customers and to shape and deliver longer-term change
- Experienced at identifying, assessing and mitigating risk to service delivery and service levels
- Methodical and analytical approach with great problem-solving skills
- ITIL (Foundation) qualification would be advantageous
- Star Bonus Scheme (Up to 10% salary bonus per year)
- Salary review every year based on inflation and performance
- Up to 33 days annual leave each year (including bank holidays)
- Flexible benefits including buy and sell holidays and cycle to work
- Work for an Investors in People accredited company
- Free Life Assurance
- Annual Summer and Christmas Party!
- Company pension scheme
- Access to our STAR Rewards scheme giving you access to multiple retail discounts
If you’re looking for a new challenge with great benefits at an award-winning company, then Verastar is the place for you. To be part of our continued success click ‘Apply’ today to take the next step in your career.
£22,000 - £27,000 Per annum