Rydon Maintenance is an expanding division of the Rydon Group and is successfully providing facilities management services to a variety of clients, predominantly within the healthcare and housing association sectors.
The Rydon group operates throughout England, predominantly in London and the southern counties. We are a dynamic, multi-talented organisation, working across a wide range of construction market sectors within the built environment. Rydon has established a strong reputation for the quality within our new-build and maintenance sectors, creating and improving communities for the benefit of current and future generations. For over 40 years, we've recruited talented and innovative people to build and maintain homes, schools, hospitals, student accommodation and more. We combine a personal touch with outstanding technical expertise to deliver award-winning, quality facilities for local communities with a commitment from people who are passionate about what they do.
View our careers and operational videos to find out more about working for us
As Service Manager you will manage the operational delivery of planned, reactive and cyclical repairs and maintenance programmes on one of our NHS contracts in Sidcup, Kent.
You will be working to ensure the provision of a quality, client focused service that meets SLA’s and our contract obligations. You will take responsibility for the day-to-day management of the delivery of hard FM services, ensuring statutory compliance with current legislation and local codes of practice to protect the health and safety of others in a working/live hospital environment.
Managing a small team of in house maintenance operatives, you will ensure that reactive calls and PPMs are responded to in order to ensure smooth and efficient running of the day to day operations to meet SLA and KPI targets. Where it is not possible for works to be completed in house you will also manage the specialist planned and reactive sub-contracted services ensuring that all works are completed to the required quality and that HSQ&E obligations are met.
Working alongside the contract manager you will help to deliver ongoing improvements and recommendations to the long term contract strategy to maximise productivity and quality whilst ensuring cost efficiencies are achieved and potential risks are identified and mitigated.
Other key responsibilities include;
- Manage the on-call rota and provide on-call escalation support in-line with Rydon procedures.
- Ensure that stocks of spares and consumables are managed.
- Ensure tools and equipment are properly stored, maintained and accessible with appropriate calibration certificates.
- Ensure that the operation and contact centre teams are working in harmony to manage works in progress in line with SLA & KPI targets and Rydon’s escalation procedure.
- Implement and monitor the use of systems and controls to monitor and manage repairs data in line with Rydon Processes and contractual obligations
- Develop strong client relationships, dealing with operational issues and support the contract manager by providing operational detail at client meetings as required.
- Identify opportunities for lifecycle investment, minimising operational risks and maximising financial performance. Ensuring appropriate delivery of small works.
- Ensure accurate asset registers are maintained and variations are identified and costed in line with contract variation process.
The preferred candidate will have previous experience at Service Manager or experienced Supervisor level within a similar maintenance organisation. This experience will ideally have been gained supporting NHS clients however, candidates with good commercial experience that can be translated to the NHS will also be considered.
The successful candidate will have strong influencing, communication and relationship building skills and should be familiar and competent in managing and maintaining statutory compliance. You will have a knowledge of M&E building services maintenance and Health & Safety procedures in daily site operation.
Above all, you will have a keen customer service approach, strong interpersonal skills and good IT skills (Microsoft Office Packages such as Word, Outlook and Excel).
If you have this experience, we'd strongly encourage you to apply.
As a well established, progressive company we are committed to attracting and retaining individuals by offering an excellent benefits package that includes a wide range of core and voluntary benefits.
Rydon is an equal opportunities employer and promotes diversity in employment. Successful candidates will be selected solely on their ability to carry out the duties of the post.
To apply online, please use the 'apply for this job link' at the top of this page.
Our application process is very straight forward allowing you to apply with a CV (from your Computer or Dropbox), LinkedIn, Facebook or Google+ and should take no more than a few short minutes.
For details on our rewards, recognition and benefits pleaseclick here.
For more details on our culture and what it’s like to work at Rydon, pleaseclick here.
Further information on how to apply can be found byclicking here.