Service Manager - Supported Living
Do you have proven experience in a health and social care supervisory role in an Independent Supported Living environment and looking to develop your career? Have you held a front-line managerial or leadership position? Can you demonstrate your potential to lead and manage a front line team within a specialised community base, safe 'person-led' enabling support services for people who are vulnerable with severe complex needs in a culture that is very team effort based, transparent in your role, leading by example and following the company's fun loving but professional culture.
Randstad Care is proud to be supporting a specialist independent living social care and support service, to recruit a service manager responsible for Leeds, Yorkshire.
Salary base £28,000.
Additional pay allowance for sleepovers.
Opportunities for flexible working hours
Excellent rates of pay and life assurance (after three year's service)
A stakeholder pension
28 days holiday a year (including 8 public holidays)
Structured and enabled career paths
A wide range of training opportunities including the statutory Care Certificate, QCF Diplomas and the Common Induction Standards
Six paid training days a year
Annual Achievement Reviews
This provider serves vulnerable people with complex needs whose difficulties may include physical, emotional, learning, behavioural, psychological and social challenges, and quite often, a combination of many of these difficulties.
The company provide specialist social care and support to help people make the best of themselves and the most of their lives. For some, this isn't easy to do on their own. They may have a learning or physical disability or social and behavioural difficulties. This can make it hard for them to find their place in to the world.
The company believe that everyone, whatever their ability and background, should have the chance to achieve what they want. And the best way to help people achieve their dreams is to help them find greater independence. Put simply, to help people live as independently as possible.
We are looking for applicants who can be versatile in a role, where you can work in a front office environment for the majority of the role, really working hands on supporting the managers and services in their day to day role.
We are looking for team members who are
really committed to helping others improve their lives
active team players
empathetic and dedicated
enthusiastic and determined
not afraid of challenges
ready to embrace new methods and innovative ways of caring
positive and upbeat
delighted when someone else succeeds
fun to work with
always look on the bright side
There are a wide range of training opportunities available including the statutory care certificate, QCF Diplomas and the Common Induction Standards.
As an employee you are entitled to six paid training days per year, opportunities for flexible working hours, 28 days holiday a year + 8 public holidays.
The main requirements are as follows;
- Apply the vision, mission and value.
- Provide planned, competent, motivated 24 hour personal care with holistic support ensuring the staff team consistently delivers the support needs of the individuals.
- Role modelling and supporting 'on rota', 'local on call' at weekends where needed.- Being adaptable to meet the changing needs of the role.
- Providing proactive and effective budgeting and resource management.
- Participating in the recruitment of new staff members ensuring they receive a thorough induction and ongoing training.
- There are a wide range of training opportunities available including the statutory care certificate, QCF Diplomas and the Common Induction Standards.
- As an employee you are entitled to six paid training days per year, opportunities for flexible working hours, 28 days holiday a year + 8 public holidays.
The closing date is Monday 12th October 2020, so you're encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
If interested, please apply following the on screen instructions. For further information you can call or text Karen Cooke on 07946 535527 or email email@example.com
Service Manager - Supported Living