Job Title: Service Manager
Salary: £24,000 - £28,000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
ubu is a highly respected care provider for people with complex needs and learning disabilities. We're offering you the opportunity to work as part of a team of professional people who are passionate about making a real difference to the lives of vulnerable people.
Open to those who have experience and are competent in a health and social care supervisory role wishing to develop their career. Especially those who have held a front-line managerial and leadership position. Being able to demonstrate their potential to lead and manage the front-line team within specialised community based, safe 'Person-Led' enabling support services for people who are vulnerable with severe complex needs.
Ensuring that the assessed care, developmental and support needs are always fully implemented. Developing positive relationships with everyone involved and creating a homely, welcoming environment. Working proactively to help people gain more independence by acquiring daily living skills, achieving their forecasted outcomes and matching team members' expertise to their needs.
- Deliver 'person-led' care and support service to a wide range of vulnerable people and with complex needs using our ways of working consistently implementing the agreed enablement care and support plans to each individual even when no one is looking
- Create positive relationship and opportunities, guaranteeing each person receives personalised enabling support, working in partnership with others
- Ensure the assessed needs of the people supported are met by developing their relationships, daily living skills and greater independence
Candidates will be able to demonstrate their potential to lead and manage the front-line team within specialised community based, safe 'Person-Led' enabling support services for people who are vulnerable with severe complex needs. The candidate will ensure that the assessed care, developmental and support needs are always fully implemented. Developing positive relationships with everyone involved and creating a homely, welcoming environment. Candidates will also make sure they are consistently working proactively to help people gain more independence by acquiring daily living skills, achieving their forecasted outcomes and matching team members' expertise to their needs.
- Service team leadership, management, planning, organising, supervisory and development skills
- Delivery of 'Positive Stress Support'
- Thorough ongoing assessments of need, taking corrective action in real time where needed
- Safe, flexible, caring, guiding/teaching and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer, verbal, written, numerical, and communication skills
- Regulatory knowledge across all disciplines relative and appropriate to the service
- Ability to communicate complex issues working as one team with all those involved
- Apply the Vision, Mission and Values of ubu and implement line management direction
- Put philosophy into practice by promoting; Person-Led supports, self and others health and wellbeing, always being a positive role model/mentor, being self-disciplined
- Teach and progress abilities in others to develop; 'Skills for living', self-advocacy, professional advocate for people within the home and in the community and personal career
- Adhere to finance and budgeting discipline and ability to support and teach others to o Be flexible in approach to the role, being proactive to the needs of the service
- Show passion, commitment, enthusiasm and drive
- Work under pressure, seek help and take a 'we can do' problem-solving approach
- Essential to have achieved or work towards Diploma in Leadership and Management Level 5
- Perform in line with ubu's culture and beliefs including appropriate appearance
- Occasionally travel overnight stays when needed
- Previous experience of managing services supporting vulnerable people with complex needs (preferred)
- Award in Educational and Training (AET) and IOSH trained al mandatory and management training (preferred)
- Relevant professional training and qualifications within a health and social care setting (preferred)
- MAPA trained (preferred)
- Car driver with full clean driving license and business use insurance (preferred)
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Support Worker, Carer, Care Support, Care Team Leader, Support Manager, Care Assistant, Social Worker, Support Team Leader, Care Coordinator, Support Assistant, Care Manager, Support Coordinator, Special Needs Support, Mental Health Support, Care Supervisor, Autism Support, Support Supervisor will be considered for this role.
24,000.00 - 28,000.00 per year