An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Service Desk Specialist to join our team. With sound technical experience and excellent stakeholder relationship building skills, the Service Desk Specialist will provide 1st line desktop support to Abcam staff. Key responsibilities include:
- Answer queries logged by internal staff; providing Level 1 and Level 2 desktop support
- Support staff in the use of technology by providing the necessary training and advice
- Administer user access and privileges as part of the JML process
- Deploy equipment to provide new functionality and replace end of life items
- Take proactive ownership of logged problems
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams or suppliers
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- Experience working as a Desktop Support Technician or Service Desk Analyst in a Microsoft environment
- Experience managing user access across various systems and applications including Active Directory
- Solid experience in scripting tools such as PowerShell
- Familiarity with ServiceNow or other ITSM platform
- Knowledge of IT security principles and ability to give instructions to a non-technical audience
- Excellent knowledge of desktop hardware and understanding of networking technologies
- Customer-service oriented with a problem-solving attitude
- Flexible approach to work, Team focused and the ability to work effectively with others
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.