Black Box is Hiring Now! - Service Delivery Manager, UK
Black Box is a leading technology solutions provider. Our mission is to accelerate our customers’ business by valuing relationships with our team members, clients and stakeholders. By continuously growing our knowledge, we remain relevant in the market and are in a superior position to help customers design, deploy and manage their IT infrastructure. Through our values, such as innovation, ownership, transparency, respect and open-mindedness, we deliver high-value products and services through our global presence and 2,500+ team members in 24 countries and growing. Black Box is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AGC Networks.
The Service Delivery Manager (SDM) is a professional technical services manager responsible for co-coordinating the delivery of managed services into key enterprise customers by providing a single point of contact to the customer. Based out of our Reading, UK site the SDM plays a vital role in creating long-term customer relationships and acting as the bridge between the client and the operational delivery teams with the ability to make changes in end-to-end processes as required ensuring optimal overall performance on the contract.
The key responsibility of the SDM is governance across all areas including service management, incident and change management, continual service improvement, onboarding and workflow, dashboard and reporting, financial performance, and customer satisfaction, as well as playing a key role in ensuring the highest level of operation service delivery.
Activities include the management of day-to-day work activities of post-sale installation, delivery, deployment and ongoing support functions for the service delivery and field operations organizations for assigned managed services clients inclusive of the people, process, systems and measures. Ensure installation, delivery and deployment services are delivered to the assigned customer in a consistent, high quality and professional manner using structured and disciplined practices to ensure stable post-sale services are consistent with company initiatives and expectations. Ensure activities are achieved that meet corporate customer satisfaction objectives as well as internal and external SLAs.
Ticking all the boxes so far? Here's some more detail for you to be sure...
- Manage the day-to-day service operations of the installation, delivery and deployment of technical resources within area of responsibility.
- Single point of escalation for the enterprise, including Vendor escalations when required.
- Manage critical situations to ensure proper focus, communication, and relationship management throughout the escalation process, including, but not limited to scheduling the coordination of activities for all technical personnel required.
- Manage to annual budget and meet all financial performance objectives inclusive of gross profit and related financial metrics. Review and analyze budget and financial reports for area of responsibility and take corrective action as needed.
- Proactive review and management of current inventory to meet contractual Service Level Offerings.
- Responsibility of developing, reporting and distributing on various business metrics and dashboard
- Review, distribute and implement Manufacturer product bulletins/alerts as required
- Interacts with all levels of sales and operations personnel. Partner with the Project Management Office (PMO) to establish operational objectives and assignments to project team members when required.
- Track Site Passwords, Backups, Version Control
- Track adherence and completion of all Service Prescriptions in scope
- Meet goals for area of responsibility including analyzing and managing performance, utilizing escalation and exception paths, implementing processes and systems to report on current performance and make recommendations for improvement of performance.
- Deploy and manage consistent, structured and disciplined systems, policies, procedures and practices to ensure stable and quality product & service delivery consistent with company objectives and customer expectations.
- Maintain and enhance a strong customer service-oriented environment focused on problem prediction, detection and resolution. Oversee documentation of issue, action plan and outcome and distribution within area of responsibility.
- Monitor technician work activities & outcomes and proactively identify and remove barriers to meeting customer expectations. Align with FSO & SDO to ensure root cause is identified on escalated or chronic problems, and action plans are developed and ensure follow-up on customer issue resolution. Escalate issues as appropriate.
- Ensure staffing is maintained consistent with customer delivery requirements by proactively monitoring labor data and taking appropriate corrective action as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Business, Operations Management or related field; or equivalent, relevant experience.
- Demonstrated track record of increasing Service Delivery and Operations Management responsibilities of product and service delivery within technology services or related industries. Previous experience managing field service technicians is required.
- Proven management experience with ability to lead employees to achieve or surpass results.
- Demonstrated strengths in ability to clarify goals & objectives, build team commitment, analyze and ensure progress toward objectives, identify areas for improvements in processes and knowledge and skills of employees.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills with the ability to create a partnership atmosphere with internal and external resources while achieving objectives.
- Strong experience handling employee issues and making sound judgment decisions in this area.
- Demonstrated success in compiling, analyzing, and presenting financial and performance data.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook, SharePoint, ERP, workforce management and cloud based technology systems.
- Successful history of managing change and continuous improvement.
Black Box is an equal opportunity employer. Black Box does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status, and endorses those policies and practices which seek to recruit, hire, train and promote the most qualified persons into available jobs.