- 25 Days Holiday
- Company Pension
- Private Medical Insurance
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Childcare Vouchers
- Company Benefits Portal
- Share Save Scheme
The Service Delivery Manager is responsible for a programme of technical and operational projects comprising software development, ICT customer support and systems performance analysis. They will manage a service delivery team on a customer site with an annual budget of up to £10m and key relationships with internal and external stakeholders. High levels of security and assurance are a cross-cutting requirement.
Area(s) of Responsibility
People Management – Leading a multi-skilled team of Ser75 including managers, engineers and support staff
Defence Procurement – Delivery and procurement of technical equipment, advice or support solutions for the Ministry of Defence and its Agencies
Engineering Management – This is a leadership role with engineering and line management responsibilities
Project Management - Allocating resources, identifying and prioritising tasks and managing change quality to deliver projects to time, quality and cost
Quality Management – Maintaining NATO AQAP Standards.
Oversee a programme of technical and operational support activity on software development, ICT and data analysis projects;
Offer authoritative, technically robust advice to the customer on the programme and risk to delivery and support of software, ICT and data analysis projects;
Oversee the support and maintenance of the facility and its ICT Systems;
Liaise with Customer Contract Manager and MoD Commercial Officer to foster strong, positive customer relations.
Develop the on-site team of 75 company personnel to maintain skills, build resilience and plan orderly successions;
Contract for additional work within delegated authority;
Oversee financial aspects of project delivery, including maintaining, reviewing and issuing financial records and company reports;
Uphold and apply customer and company standards for security of protectively marked and/or sensitive information;
Oversee Quality Management System ensuring compliance with mandated standards (e.g. ISO9001, TickIT Plus and AQAP)
The duties as described herein are intended as a guide only, and it should be understood that operational demands may at times necessitate that an employee perform duties not included in this description.
Experience and Qualifications
- The desired qualifications for the positions would be a chartered engineer with a technical degree (BSc or BEng) followed by project management and / or business qualifications such as an MBA.
- Experience of working in an IT project management role in a defence or other secure environment
- Direct management of a large, co-located team
- Demonstrable change management experience
- Communication and interpersonal skills to ensure the effective and cohesive functioning of a diverse project team.
- Experience of working within a structured project delivery environment
- Experience in Systems Engineering
- ISO 9001 & TickIT Plus
- Risk Management techniques
- Customer Focussed. The ability to develop mutually beneficial, trusting long-term relationships with customers and stakeholders
- KPI and Results Driven. Consistently achieve results by setting challenging targets, organising work effectively and overcoming obstacles. Where appropriate, you are able to deliver results through others, creating an environment that supports achievement.
- An expert in Relationship Building. Able to build and maintain strong team relationships and wider networks. You know how to make use of networks effectively and demonstrate communication and influencing skills.
This is a full time, permanent role based in Wiltshire. Full company benefits will apply.
How to apply
In order to be considered for this role you must be eligible to hold DV clearance.
MASS is an equal opportunities employer.
per annum plus full company benefits