Would you like to work with the internationally recognised and market-leading Volvo Construction Equipment brand?
If so, we have an excellent temporary front line support opportunity to support the SMT GB Service department in Duxford.
If you are looking for a position with opportunities to progress your career then we are a company that wants to help you, guide you, and inspire you to achieve your full potential. Here at SMT GB we have an employee focused approach and we are a 'learning company' which continually facilitates the development of our employees to improve our business.
You will be responsible for assisting the Service Supervisor in carrying out the duties necessary in supporting the service department; such as being responsible for the co-ordination of all materials, labour and other necessary resources required for the efficient completion of any job.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- To answer service telephone calls in a swift and efficient manner, obtaining customer order numbers or other authorisation when required.
- To co-ordinate and plan all service work either internal or external be it SMT GB driven or customer driven to ensure cost effective completion including ordering of parts where necessary.
- To open service jobs and close them in manner explaining and justifying the material and labour content, ensuring all relevant costs, returned parts are correct before invoicing.
- To operate planned services and inspections, and keep records as necessary using the Maintenance Planning System being proficient in the interpretation of Time Guides and technical information and to close all jobs particularly warranty jobs in accordance with them.
- To bring to the attention of the Supervisor or immediate manager any on-going or serious anomalies regarding costs incurred in jobs
- To use all available information in the interests of finding additional external work opportunities, passing such information to the Service Supervisor, Customer Support Representative or Depot Manager or, as directed, to contact customers presenting a case for SMT GB to carry out repairs or servicing.
- To deputise for the Service Supervisor during periods of holiday or other absence when so authorised.
- To carry out specific tasks and duties as directed in the interests of attracting additional work chargeable to external customers
- To close jobs in a manner justifying costs incurred to both external and internal customers
Service Coordinator | Co-ordinator |Mechanical | Customer Service | Materials
- Good telephone manner.
- Understanding mechanical terminology and associated work
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Reliable, honest, trustworthy, good timekeeper.
- To be co-operative and flexible at all times.
SMT GB markets Volvo Construction Equipment products including wheeled loaders, articulated haulers, hydraulic excavators, utility equipment and road equipment products in Great Britain. SMT is a premium distributor and aftersales partner for Volvo Construction Equipment.
We create value by providing sustainable and integrated solutions for the heavy equipment and transport industries across Europe and Africa.
We are the industry leader with state-of-the-art products and services that maximizing the benefits for all stakeholders.
We are a great place to work, with highly skilled teams that are inspired and dedicated to helping our customers succeed.
We are the partner of choice for our customers throughout the lifetime of their equipment.