Are you a Senior Service Charge professional that wants to work for an employer that is redefining what the world of accountancy can offer?
We’re killing it....
We are one of the fastest growing accountancy firms in the UK and we have the awards to prove it. We were voted as the8thBestPlace toWork in the UKby theSundayTimes, have wonAuditTeam of theYearin The British AccountancyAwards, and were votedBestCompany in Europein the EuropeanEngagementAwards.
Why?Because weare leaving the dull old ways of accountancy behind,making our own rules, andalways putting our people at the heart of our success.
About the role
As Service Charge Senior Manager you will be an energetic, talented, determined individual experienced in building and delivering on a large portfolio of clients and in developing business opportunities. You’ll have a wealth of experience of working within the Property sector, specifically within service charge, and you will also ideally have some transformation and improvement project experience.
You will be Ideally be ACA/ACCA qualified and have either current experience of working at a high level as Senior Manager in a top firm and be ready to step up or already be operating at the level of RI/Director. You must have demonstrable experience of supporting a portfolio of clients in both the commercial and residential property markets.
You will becommitted to providing exceptional client service. You will be able to spot opportunities for continuous improvement particularly in relation to client delivery, quality and wider team management. You will be looking for a role where you have the autonomy to make decisions and act on them to make it happen. You will be passionate about supporting Managing Agents/Landlords with all their Service Charge needs, looking at ways technology can help support growth and improve the service charge process.
You’ll be the go-to person on all matters relating to service charges for CP. You’ll own the organisational processes and procedures for service charges, ensuring they are set accurately and in line with relevant legislation, playing an active role in the design of new processes ensuring they provide appropriate control for the business.
You’ll need to be someone who’s as confident taking charge of situations themselves as they are putting their trust in their team. A born motivator with strong relationship-building skills, who can build and manage effective teams, and be able to lead on all client relationships.
In this role, we want you to:
- Advise and work with Managing Agents/Landlords on all service charge matters
- Take ownership and lead on all team financials/deliverables/budget setting
- Lead on all client matters ensuring we’re providing an excellent client experience
- Seek external market and business development opportunities
- Hire, coach, develop and motivate a team
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, legislation and obligations applicable to the service charge sector.
- Improve processes in relation to service charge certification quality and service delivery
- Deal with complex service charge and financial reporting technical matters
- Assess risk and implement improvements where applicable
- Business development activities including pitching, development of materials and collateral, and networking and connecting with contacts in the Property sector.
- Ensure all client KPI’s relating to the year-end service charge certifications process are achieved to a high standard
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial accounting information through the development and management of controls
- Evidence and demonstrate strong commercial and financial awareness and acumen
- Have a understanding of landlord and tenant legislation, property management and RICS Codes
Consideration to be given to anyone with experience working in roles such as senior finance manager, senior account manager, accounting manager, senior accountant.
Our audit team is energetic, self-motivated and dedicated to giving a first-class service to our clients. We challenge the status quo, deliver exceptional results and have fun whilst doing it!
Are we a match?
Our values are at the heart of what we do at Cooper Parry and it’s really important we recruit like-minded individuals into our teams.
Play all in – we are committed, engaged and driven
In it together – we believe in all for one and one for all
Be Nice – we are kind, humble and authentic
Be Brave – we are bold,entrepreneurialand rebellious
Keep Learning – we explore, discover and are curious
A little more about life at CP….
We are challenging grey...
We are challenging boring.We are challenging status quo.Ourpeople engagement scores are through the roof – our peopleare fully engaged in everything we do - from how we embrace technology and workplace design to how we create innovative and flexible working patterns that have a positive impact on the service our clients receiveand on the lives of our people. Our culture is who we are and it genuinely shapes our strategy and the experience for our clients.The way in which we operate and theincredibleenvironment we are building ishugely advantageous to thosewanting to combine acareer in practicewith anunrivalledculture andpersonalgrowth opportunity.
We are building a truly modern workplace culture...
We’ve always believed in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves. From how you dress (our only rule is ‘wear something’) to when you work (we have no‘core hours’) andhow often you holiday(we have open holiday).We have just introducedanother game-changing elementwe call ‘Work From Anywhere. Forever’ (WFAF!). We now give our people the opportunity to work flexibly, and potentially from anywhere, giving our people the trust and accountability to deliver to the required standards.
Play to your strengths, we say. Create a role you’re truly passionate about. Then, work flexibly to design a life that’s right for you.
Tired of thedrainingexperiencein your current audit firm?It’s different here.Read our culture book for yourselfhttps://flipcarten.com/culture-book/mobile/index.html #makelifecount
What's in it for you...
At Cooper Parry our mindset is simple. We only do things if we believe we can be No.1.We start doing that by putting our people at the heart of our culture. Why? Pretty simple really… if our people love working here then then they do amazing work. That’s why we offer things like:
- Competitive salariesaligned to Big firms
- No dress code - “Wear something!”
- Incredibledevelopment and career growth
- A truly flexible approach to work balancing working from home, in office or with clients- “Work From Anywhere, Forever”
Find out more about us here: