The successful candidate will be joining an Infrastructure Team with responsibility for addressing infrastructure support issues, maintaining and managing the overall performance and availability of the various networks and other hosted systems. Providing support to users at all levels of the organization will form a key element of this role.
- Administering a virtualised production environment.
- Installation and support of hardware (including servers, thin clients, PC's, network hardware, printers, telephones).
- Installation and support of software (including desktop & server applications)
- Resolving incidents within agreed service levels.
- Technical input into infrastructure changes following change management processes.
- Support for Exchange, Active Directory, VMWare, SharePoint & Citrix platforms.
- Simple network changes to Cisco environments.
- Identify underlying problems discovered during day-to-day operations, raising them with the appropriate Infrastrucure Manager and managing them to resolution.
- Complete routine operations schedules for servers, server applications, databases, systems and network elements using established and repeatable procedures following corporate standards and requirements. Updating or writing additional material as required.
Education / Experience
At least two of:
- MCSA / MCSE (preferred).
- CCNA / CCDA.
- 3-5 years experience working in a busy IS Department or other relevant work experience.
Install, configure & support Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012 & 2016, Active Directory, Exchange 2010, 2013 & 2016, SQL 2005, 2008, 2012 & 2014, Windows 7, 8.1 & 10
Install, configure & support of VMWARE (Infrastructure 5.5 and higher)
Networking & Security – TCP/IP, DNS, Firewall
Install, Configure & Support Citrix, PVS, Appsense
Install, configure & support of Linux (Cent OS & Redhat) UNIX (Solaris & AIX preferred),
Networking & Security – MPLS, VPN (IPSec & SSL), client security.
Administration and support of SAN Environments.
The successful candidate will also have experience with a variety of IT administration & management applications.
- Very strong attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills.
- Positive attitude.
- Capable of handling multiple priorities in fast paced surroundings.
- Ability to work to challenging deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal).
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in an international environment.
- Flexible approach to work with the ability to pro-actively take the initiative and work independently with little supervision, and also to be part of a collaborative team where ideas & skills are shared.
- Ability to acquire new skills quickly and learn on the job.
- Ability to fully assess the impact of making changes on existing environments
- Professional / flexible individual that can adapt quickly to changing requirements or priorities and where necessary divert to assist other teams/projects.
- This role may require travel to our international / regional offices for work on remote sites.
- The successful candidate will be up to date with trends in IT and be able to relate these to business goals.
- Lifting & moving of equipment may be required during the course of work.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cybercrime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes - often collecting and analysing huge volumes of data.
We employ over 4,000 people across 18 countries in the Americas, APAC, UK and EMEA