Slater and Gordon are a leading consumer law firm and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas and our clients are the centre of it all.
We are recruiting for a talented Serious Injury Solicitor to join our Cambridge team. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Serious Injury Solicitor who is looking for a rewarding and challenging career with an award-winning legal firm.
Our team has extensive experience providing support and guidance in what can be very challenging circumstances such as serious and catastrophically injured clients following high profile incidents. The team also provide support to families following fatal incidents.
Client service is at the heart of Slater and Gordon and we take pride in the impressive results we generate, demonstrating our range of work and the relentless pursuit of justice by our solicitors.
If you have got the talent, ambition and focus and are looking for a stimulating and rewarding career we would love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to include:
- To assist in dealing with catastrophic and serious injury cases.
- Providing the highest level of client care in the management of client matters.
- Meeting clients, progressing cases on a day-day basis, drafting witness statements, schedules of loss, instructions to Counsel, attending conferences and court.
- Able to manage own time and ensure that chargeable hours and billables are in keeping with targets.
- Building relationships with internal and external parties.
- Ensuring that files are managed effectively, meeting set deadlines and utilising the case management system.
- Participating with other fee earners in marketing activities including networking and business development.
- As well as possessing experience in a similar area of law, applicants must be able to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of serious and catastrophic injury claims.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build and maintain good working relationships.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- We are looking for someone who is proactive and who has the ability to organise and prioritise their workload effectively as well as the ability to delegate work accordingly.
- Timely and accurate maintenance of all case management, billing and management information systems to ensure completeness of records and aid business decision making.
- Proficient IT skills.
At Slater and Gordon Lawyers (UK) we are inclusive. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. We believe diversity drives innovation. So, we’re building a culture where difference is valued. Our culture motivates our employees to give their full selves to the job and invest in the company’s future. Our people see value in their work and are eager to do well in their roles. Our values ensure that all our employees are working towards the same goals.
What we offer in return:
We offer a flexible agile working environment, alongside a competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday allowance plus the option to purchase an extra 5 days, pension scheme, health cash plan, life assurance and income protection insurance. The opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award winning law firm.
- Please Note - Vacancies may close prior to the expiry date displayed, subject to volume ofapplications received.