SEO Account Manager
Department / Team
Head of SEO
Overview of job
MediaCom requires a highly motivated, creative and technically aware individual to join and help shape delivery within the rapidly growing SEO team. This is a unique opportunity for someone with the right skills and level of ambition to progress their career.
Not only will the successful candidate be delivering SEO campaigns for some of the largest brands and advertisers in the world, but they’ll also have the opportunity to develop their knowledge of media planning, thanks to the close integration between MediaCom’s SEO team with other specialist departments within the company.
This will give the successful candidate the chance to habitually work alongside, and learn from, colleagues from a diverse set of backgrounds – such as those from the Real World Insights, Business Science, Planning, Create and Social Media teams. The successful candidate will be able to able to develop relationships with colleagues across MediaCom and will be able to spot and develop opportunities to create and sell in creative, integrated solutions.
MediaCom Beyond Advertising (MBA) is the content solutions arm of MediaCom. It is where data meets creativity and consists of SEOs, producers, creatives and strategists delivering content projects across Media Partnerships, Influencer Marketing, Branded Entertainment, Original Content, Event & Experiential and Social Content. Our award-winning SEO team sits at the heart of MBA, with the Performance Content function delivering SEO driven content solutions across the three core areas: Editorial, Blogger & Partnership outreach and Digital PR. We are a growing and ambitious team looking for the right candidate to take our product to the next level.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Director of SEO and SEO Associate Director.
3 best things about the job:
- Adventurous and pioneering clients who want to succeed in search and content
- The team - both the immediate core team and the wider departments we work with are fantastic. It’s great to be able to tap into the wealth of knowledge and experience here at MediaCom across all departments.
- Outstanding personal development, training and learning opportunities, such as online learning, incredible guest speakers and dedicated Google days hosted at our offices.
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Built strong relationships with your clients and peers, leading day to day communications
- Demonstrated confidence feeding into your projects’ content & SEO strategies
In six months, you would have:
- Strengthened your skills as a content professional, ensuring SEO campaigns are delivered to the highest standards with clear and measurable objectives
- Become the trusted “go-to” person for the clients and internal teams with regards to SEO
In 12 months, you would have:
- Developed your knowledge and experience working with Media Planning, understanding how SEO works as part of a wider Media strategy and feeding into briefs
Responsibilities of the role:
- Working directly with clients in planning and implementing SEO campaigns and strategies which add real value to their business
- Oversee the performance of all SEO campaigns and ensure that key insights are incorporated into future activity
- Analysing client websites, search results and online marketing data to identify SEO opportunities within clients’ markets
- Manage account expenses: staying on budget, estimating monthly costs and reconciliation
- Line manage SEO Planners and Executives: delegate workload, provide guidance and support, set up KPIs and goals for their 360 appraisals
- Together with the Performance Content Manager and team develop and implement link building strategies focussed on achieving organic reach and SEO KPIs
- Maintaining the agency’s high client retention rate by developing and fostering long lasting client relationships
- Working alongside SEO Head and/or other MediaCom Management to expand the project base revenue to a retainer base revenue, and on new business opportunities
- Ensure that account work remains profitable, and display commercial acumen in the allocation of work against billings
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords
- Monitor industry trends and updates and report back on insights to the wider team
Essential demonstrable attributes of successful candidate – role related:
- An excellent understanding of industry standard SEO tools including Google Analytics, Advanced Web Rankings, Hitwise, Omniture, Deep Crawl etc
- A high degree of numeracy and literacy
- Punctual, presentable and have a friendly and outgoing demeanour
- Minimum 2 years Account Management experience in online marketing
- Strong client relationship building experience with excellent presentation skills
- Highly motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to write persuasive business documents including new business proposals and campaign summaries
- Ability to juggle a number of tasks at once and consistently to deliver high-quality work to timescale
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- A proven track record of proactively identifying business opportunities within client targets and strategies
- Ability to pre-empt problems and be pro-active in producing solutions
- Degree level education preferred and foreign language skills a bonus
Essential personal qualities:
- Ability to take responsibility for own work and to make sure that others deliver in support of you
- Self-esteem, confidence and strength of character
- Flexibility - willingness to pick up tasks for others
- Quick to learn, and keen to develop
- Attention to detail
- Ability to fit into the character of the company whilst still bringing individuality
MediaCom have one of the most innovative, passionate and successful digital performance teams in the UK, providing clients with best-in-class digital services across Paid Search, SEO, Data, Programmatic Display, Paid Social and other performance media.
As The Content + Connections Agency, we believe everything is connected. At MediaCom, our unique approach to planning and buying across Paid, Owned and Earned media optimises our clients’ entire system, not just individual channel silos. ‘Content’ is any form of consumer messaging that connects brands to their consumers, while ‘Connections’ ensures no dead ends or wastage through disconnected content.
We look beyond our own expertise and assess the bigger picture: How do we all play a role within our clients’ broader communications system? Through our uniquely connected eco-system of diverse communications experts working we achieve this - interpreting the bigger picture and fuelling future business success. To learn more, visit us at www.mediacom.com