We are looking for a stand out successful SEO Expert, with at least a 4-6 year track record to prove it, to join an exciting diverse group of companies.
We are a fast-paced, growing business, therefore this is a great opportunity to grow your career in the digital marketing and SEO world, by working for an eCommerce brand.
We are looking for someone who has a genuine passion for SEO and digital marketing, who can help drive the company-wide SEO strategy forward. You will ideally have bags of initiative, be pro-active and hardworking, enjoy the challenges of SEO, and have a solid understanding and track record of how to improve search engine rankings.
This will involve anything from simple administration tasks such as optimising product descriptions, title tags and updating sitemaps, to backlink analysis and multiplication, a demonstrative past history of detailed technical SEO projects, landing page analysis and web copy and blog article writing. You'll also be encouraged to research and formulate your own ideas on how to improve overall organic search traffic.
Reporting to the Search Marketing & Content Director, you will be part of a friendly marketing team and will be supported in your role by your Director, various in house departments and an experienced digital agency.
Role & Responsibilities
* Write, implement and oversee copy on all web pages, ensuring it is user-friendly, engaging and optimised for search engines. This will include anything from small product pages to important landing pages and FAQ pages.
* Work towards a content strategy to help develop the Funky Pigeon blog, aiming to increase branding, traffic, revenue and improve SEO rankings. This will include optimising pages and writing your own blog articles.
* Daily use of a suite of SEO tools and Google tools to improve search rankings. You will identify trends and conduct keyword research to recommend new pages/product ranges, as well as analyse performance.
* Regular on-time reporting of traffic volume, keyword rankings and revenue, Backlink increases, identifying areas for improvement and areas of focus.
* Technical SEO improvements - this will include all technical SEO tasks such as mini audits, small technical project management, liaising with developers, fixing errors and overcoming a complex ever-growing website structure, to maximise technical SEO performance.
* Working with an agency to help create and deliver outreach campaigns, in order to grow backlinks and drive brand exposure.
* Keeping up-to-date with SEO trends, including Google algorithm changes and best practice suggestions. Keeping a watchful eye on the companies competitors.
* You will also work with other talented departments in the house to improve SEO and ensure best practice is followed throughout the business.
* 4 years+ experience in SEO roles. Good working knowledge and a good understanding of modern SEO best-practices and principles
* Experience with rank tracking and backlink SEO tools (SEMRUsh, Ahrefs, Screaming Frog etc.), and using these to improve rankings and optimise websites
* Competent user of Google Analytics and Search Console
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including a high standard of online content writing
* A technical thinker, capable of keeping up to date with Google's ever-changing algorithm
* A good understanding of technical SEO, and ability to identify and fix technical errors. This will include knowledge of Schema, SEO meta tags, page speeds, crawling/indexing and more.
* Strong organisational skills, a high level of attention to detail
* Ability to work independently, manage own workload and juggle multiple projects at any given time
* A self-starter who can think creatively and strategically, able to research and investigate issues to offer solutions
* Experience in WordPress, Shopify or CMS systems
* Basic HTML understanding
* Proficient in Microsoft Office
Desirable, but not necessary
* Image creation, knowledge of Photoshop or similar tool
* PPC knowledge/experience
* Outreach/PR experience
* Google Data Studio
What's in it for you?
You'll thrive on the freedom and the chance to use your skills and will be supported with plenty of training and development opportunities. What's more, you can expect some fab rewards, including flexible working hours, and achievable annual bonus, 25 days' holiday, pension and access to various company discounts and lots more. Working from home also currently available.