Senior Web Developer
Salary: c. £40-50k, depending upon experience
Location: Company based in Bristol and London, other locations and home working considered (UK only)
Hours of work: 40 hours per week, Mon-Fri
- Flexible working schedule and location
- Budget for conferences, training courses and materials
- Modern equipment and set-up
- Be part of a small, talented and passionate team
- Informal, collaborative and friendly environment
- Developing stunning interactive applications for award-winning marketing agencies and the UKs leading companies
About the company:
Polished Rock is an independent software house that specialises in interactive experiences for online engagement and touchscreens. We build custom applications that make customers and employees say ‘WOW’. Whether it’s games for lead generation, activities for employee training, or sales and marketing tools, we create interactive applications that go beyond the norm. Applications that people want to show their colleagues, that form instant connections between brands and customers, and that make key messages stick.
Until now most of our projects have been delivered though our flagship brand TouchscreenRentals.co.uk, and the majority of our applications have been developed for touchscreens. Our clients range from award-winning marketing agencies to Europe’s leading companies. In response to Covid-19, we are building a dedicated software team to increase our capacity and software offering for online applications. This new team will be a ‘business within a business’, with a start-up mentality, but as part of an established SME with a strong client and project portfolio, and a reputation for innovation and quality.
About the Senior Web Developer role:
We are looking for an experienced, expert, T-shaped developer with a focus on front-end development. You will be a vital member of our design and development team, with primary responsibility for delivering our software projects. This means developing applications, but also managing and organising the development, managing contractors and helping to grow our in-house team. You should be passionate about user experience and love to make things look amazing and work slickly.
- Sound knowledge of server-side languages (e.g. PHP) and databases (e.g. MySQL)
- Good all-round knowledge of other mainstream front-end development languages and technologies
- Superb technical ability
- Ability to write tidy and robust code
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines – be happy to ‘crunch’ and work out-of-hours when needed
- Well organised with excellent planning skills
- Ability to communicate to an excellent standard, at all levels
- Familiar with development methodologies (e.g. RAD, Waterfall, Agile)
Nice to have but not essential:
- Experience of small game development
- Experience of developing 3D/interactive applications
- Unity development (C#, UnityScript, Boo)
- A touch of flair
How to apply:
If you think this role sounds right for you, we would love to hear from you. Please apply with your CV and Covering Letter telling us why you’re interested in working with us!