Job Title: Senior Video Streaming Programmer
Location: Liverpool (RELOCATION CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED)
Salary: £30,000 - £70,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join Simul Software Limited, a leading games middleware developer as a Senior Video Streaming Programmer for an exciting and challenging new VR project.
Senior Video Streaming Programmer Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop a server application to stream real-time rendered video to a remote mobile client.
- Work with the Technical Director and other programmers to design, develop and test the system.
- Profile and enhance software performance.
Senior Video Streaming Programmer Essential Skills:
- Experience of developing server-side real-time video streaming applications.
- A keen interest in virtual reality and cutting-edge technology
- Strong C++ skills
- A thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, prioritise tasks, and meet deadlines
- A team player
- A problem solver
- Be able to multitask
- Be creative and innovative
Senior Video Streaming Programmer Desirable Skills:
- DirectX or OpenGL.
- h.264 and h.265 video encoding.
- Linear algebra and related mathematical concepts.
- Optimisation methods, including use of performance analysis tools such as PIX Renderdoc etc.
- A willingness to get involved in product development and project direction.
Simul is a specialist simulation software development company. We create digital products which help game, simulation and software developers who don't have the time or budget to produce certain elements of their simulation.