ZeroLight is seeking a Senior Vehicle Artist to join its multi-disciplinary art team, working on a range of automotive projects. We are looking for candidates with previous experience managing art projects, communicating progress to clients, and solving complex production issues. We are keen to find someone who shares our passion for pushing the boundaries of tech to create outstanding artwork.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to a highly productive team at a senior level, supporting model data preparation, file management and structure, and configuration of 3D assets.
This is an exciting opportunity to become an integral part of the award-winning ZeroLight team, working at the forefront of 3D technology with our world class technology partners such as Amazon, NVIDIA, and Microsoft and delivering projects for some of the biggest automotive brands in the business such as Cadillac, Audi and Lamborghini.
This role is based at our award-winning studio LiveWorks on Newcastle’s famous Quayside.
To read more about our company culture please visit our blog: https://zerolight.com/careers/blog#all-posts
Required Technical Skillset
- Experience of 3D software package/s, e.g. 3DStudio Max or Maya to create automotive assets
- CAD/NURBS preparation.
- Adobe CC, particularly Photoshop for texture creation.
- Creating shaders from material samples and texture scans.
- Defining materials for exterior and interior of cars.
- Checking the quality and defined product correctness.
- Creating simple animations.
- Building up realtime-capable 3D models based on CAD data.
- Experience using DELTAGEN is desirable, but training can be given.
- Proven experience delivering automotive art projects to an exceptional standard, where attention to detail and quality of output is paramount.
- Able to communicate effectively with clients, translating complex technical information into clear status updates.
- Self-motivated and able to use initiative and manage workflow of self and team members.
- Experience working with external partners such as creative agencies to deliver client projects, ensuring positive collaboration at all times.
- Able to work independently to solve technical issues as they arise, taking ownership of these to ensure project delivery is not compromised.
- Experience scheduling and planning time to ensure that all projects have the same quality standards.
- Creative and energetic, responds well to new concepts and approaches whilst also contributing own ideas.
- Results driven, able to work at a fast paced and switch priorities when required, whilst maintaining the same high-quality standards.
- To apply for this position please send your CV with your portfolio of work to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brand new state of the art studios on Newcastle’s famous Quayside.
- Fully fitted kitchen area with high spec coffee machine.
- Free fruit, healthy snacks, soft drinks, chocolate and crisps.
- Access to ZeroLight’s unique wellbeing initiative ZLWell.
- Employee Assistance Program with free counselling sessions.
- Up to two-hour lunch break.
- Lunchtime activities including running club, badminton league and swimming.
- Recreation area with pool, table tennis and an outside terrace overlooking the River Tyne.
- Well stocked beer fridge for after work drinks.
- Flexible working hours which allow you to start work any time between 8am – 10am each morning and leave between 4pm – 6pm.
- Wide range of activities including Board Games night, ZeroLight Quiz, themed parties and group outings organised by our ZLSocial group.
- Book share scheme.
- Opportunities to present University technical talks and speak at local events.
- Cycle to work scheme (with showers in the studio).
- Contributory Pension Scheme with Royal London.
- Life Assurance Scheme.
- Childcare Voucher Scheme.
- 25 days holiday rising to 30 days on length of service, and all bank holidays.
- Extra free days holiday at Christmas to ensure a long break over the festive period.
- Official ZeroLight Events including Friend & Family Day, Summer Day and our famous all expenses paid Christmas Party.
- Access to external training, mentoring, travel opportunities and conference attendance.
- Ongoing performance management via our ZLTalent platform with regular reviews and feedback and clear development pathways.
- Annual salary review.
- Free eye test and contribution towards glasses.