Join King’s London Studio and become part of a multi-disciplined team working on one of King’s largest titles: Farm Heroes Saga, which has recently celebrated its 5th Birthday! You’ll work closely with other Designers and Artists to improve upon and create a compelling user experience for our players, driving the game forwards, and delivering designs that meet their needs.
- Develop a deep understanding of our player’s needs and motivations in order to recommend improvements to the game and maximise the potential of new features
- Create player focused mock-ups, wireframes and prototypes of new interfaces, and evaluate them through user-testing
- Create pleasing user interface art assets to a high quality that align with and push the art direction of the existing game
- Work hands-on with developers and artists to implement user interfaces into the game engine
- Act as the player advocate, organise and run usability testing and player meets to iteratively improve UX solutions
- Contribute to the growing UX community across King
To excel in this role, we’re looking for someone with the following skills:
- A creative person with a passion for games who has shipped several games or equivalent applications from written brief to final production
- Ability to create mockups, wireframes and interactive prototypes of new interfaces, and evaluate them through user-testing
- Ability to create polished, visually appealing, user friendly, consistent and distinct user interface art assets (e.g. menus, buttons, icons, animations etc.)
- Have a deep knowledge about User Centric Design methodologies
- Great communication skills with the ability to bring together Code, Production, Art and Design disciplines to arrive at an agreed specification
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe CS package
- You’re someone who is self-motivated, who thrives in an agile environment and can negotiate, influence and create alignment among project stakeholders
A portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skill is required
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people that share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. No matter where you’re from, it’s all about what we can achieve together when creating truly magical moments for all our players. That’s why we hire all sorts of talent - because a great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games. We have developed more than 200 fun titles, and offer games in over 200 countries and regions. King has game studios in Barcelona, Berlin, London, Malmö, and Stockholm along with offices in Bucharest, Malta, San Francisco, Seoul and Tokyo. King is an independent unit of Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI), which acquired King in February 2016.
Our London studio is the home of our hit game Farm Heroes Saga. It’s based in Soho, the cultural heart of London’s West End with vast array of classic record shops and leading film companies, media offices and great restaurants. Regent’s Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Piccadilly Circus and the shopping mecca of Oxford Street. And it’s no urban myth; there really is a pub on every corner.
If you are interested in hearing a bit more about us or the role you are more than welcome to contact Jerson Gusterson, Recruiter, on email@example.com
Application needs to be in English.
We look forward to speaking with you!