We are looking for a Senior Test and Evaluation Engineer who will coordinate and perform test work in one or more global Test & Evaluation laboratory facilities!
By joining us you will play a meaningful role in drawing upon product and test methodology expertise to develop detailed test plans and project schedules for New Product Development, Product Improvement, Cost Reduction and other comparable projects. In addition, you will be responsible for designing and procuring outstanding product test fixtures, documenting test methods and results, and drawing logical conclusions based on findings.
If you’re constantly looking to develop yourself and would like to research and coordinate various laboratory facility upgrades and improvements, then join our team in Manchester!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
• Run function and flow testing of Safety Relief Valves and the day to day running of the test laboratory at Manchester
• Demonstrate a high regard for all facets of laboratory safety and contribute to ensure self and others are following safety protocols.
• Interpret Marketing Requirement Specifications and industry standards to develop and execute detailed test plans required for product validation.
• Test and evaluate design and application related product problems for assigned products, customer issues and other requests. Evaluate product improvements, cost reductions and recommend changes as required.
• Plan, organize and coordinate activities on assigned projects. Lead functional teams on complex projects with moderate supervision.
• Apply deep knowledge of measurement technologies and methods, Data Acquisition, 5S, gauge repeatability and reproducibility, measurement uncertainty and design of experiments
• Actively research and report on groundbreaking technologies or technologies new to the business and initiate technology development upon management approval.
FOR THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED:
• BS Degree in Engineering required. BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent preferred.
• Relevant engineering experience with fluid mechanics and knowledge of flow testing methods Proven extensive knowledge of pressure management devices and technologies strongly preferred
• Proven experience operating pressurized test equipment including function and flow testing on air, steam and water
• Solid understanding of Finite Element Analysis, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Computer Aided Design, 3D Printing and/or Minitab preferred.
• Interpersonal skills and excellent written and verbal skills to facilitate effective communication of technical ideas
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Experience of product certification with relevant approval bodies in accordance with National and International Pressure Vessel Codes and Pressure Relief Device Standards
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally (10%) to work with and develop engineering staff.
WHO YOU ARE:
You are passionate about making an impact and always act with integrity. You continuously push yourself to achieve new goals and are not afraid to question the status quo by proposing creative solutions to problems.
OUR OFFER TO YOU:
By joining Emerson as a Senior Test and Evaluation Engineer, you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We offer plentiful opportunities for advancement and support this through our formal personal development planning process.
Our on-boarding program uses a blended learning approach to get you up and running as quickly as possible. You benefit from Emerson certified trainers with extensive knowledge of our customers, products and applications.
Our global Women in Stem initiative gives you the opportunity to connect with local peers that share the same interest, to promote the diversity & inclusion and early STEM education and to benefit from professional development to access leadership opportunities. Also, we are committed to maintaining a partnership with the Society of Women Engineers (SWE).
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and outstanding innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help cultivate fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
GET TO KNOW US:
Find out more by visiting our LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube pages or at www.emerson.com
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with %2417.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.