Eurofins E&E (Electrical & Electronics) is a division of the wider Eurofins Scientific group and provides world-class testing, inspection and certification services to manufacturing and electronics industries worldwide and includes locations in the UK, Germany, Italy, France, Switzerland, China, Taiwan, Thailand and the USA.
Through these locations, Eurofins E&E delivers an extensive range of services covering all aspects the testing, inspection and certification for electrical and electronics products across all industries and market sectors and alongside the wider Eurofins group, offers its customers a single point of contact for product approvals.Job Description
Eurofins York is a leading international provider of regulatory compliance services and products to the manufacturing and electronics industry, particularly in the fields of EMC, Radio, Electrical Safety, EMF and RF.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a leading international provider of regulatory compliance services at our laboratory in Yate near Bristol.Applications are invited for the position of (Senior) Safety Test Engineer / Technician based on experience to further expand the testing capabilities at our UKAS accredited laboratory. Duties will include the development of safety (LVD) testing capabilities and performance of compliance testing for our rapidly expanding customer base.
The successful candidate will ideally have similar proven testing and development experience in a customer-driven environment together with excellent interpersonal skills.
Where not already gained, the candidate will need to show a willingness to work towards professional recognition status.
Minimum Candidate Requirements:
- MSc/BSc in physics/electronics or similar
- Strong knowledge of relevant IT
- Technical knowledge of our key markets
- Experience of ISO 17025 or similar documented quality management system
- Excellent personal organisation / prioritisation skills and time management skills
- Excellent personal organisation skills and time management skills
- Commercial awareness
- Project Management skills
- Proven track record in managing remote service delivery
- Being responsible for their actions and taking proactive ownership of projects
- Actively working in, and communicating with, a small team
- Demonstrating reliability, flexibility and enthusiasm
- Being willing to travel to visit clients within UK/abroad (occasionally)
The ability to work without restriction in the UK and a current passport are required.
Additional relevant experience that would set a candidate apart:
- Professional recognition
- Institute of Leadership & Management (or similar) qualification
- Experience of leading people
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in speciality clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 4.2billion Euros turnover, over 800 laboratories across 47countries and about 45,000 staff.
Just some of the benefits we offer are:
- Competitive salary
- Contributory defined contribution Pension
- An impressive array of employee benefits
- Professional development & recognition opportunities
- Pleasant working location, with occasional travel within the UK.
The laboratory is based in Yate and is a modern, state of the art facility.
Why Should You Apply?
Competitive pay with a well-established and growing international company.
Good benefits and flexible working opportunities.
Great location with ample parking and nearby rail links.
Opportunities to progress and grow with the company.
Occasional opportunities to travel and work around the UK and internationally.
Start date: ASAP
Interview process: Telephone interview followed by a face to face interview.