We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you looking for an opportunity to help develop and release the latest GPU technology? Are you interested in applying your proven experience in the challenging environment of GPU driver development?
Arm is seeking highly skilled and motivated Senior Software Test Engineer to join our Agile software development group. You will be part of a new team based in Manchester (UK) with the opportunity to drive our module test, and performance analysis environment, and provide leadership in testing aspects across a wide organization.
You will be working with multi-disciplined engineering teams across Arm’s worldwide engineering centers. You will contribute to the detailed module test and automated test infrastructure to ensure we achieve the right level of test coverage as effectively as possible for the next generation Mali™ GPUs and use your influence to roll out changes required to ensure testing is scalable across multiple generations of technology for their lifespan.
We have an excellent track record of building up expertise in people, so this is a great opportunity to learn something new and interesting in a friendly and collaborative environment. Join a multinational, dynamic and highly motivated software development group where you will enjoy the support of your colleagues while being challenged by interesting technical problems. Do you like producing high-quality solutions in a challenging environment? - then we would love to hear from you.
In the GPU Team, you will be working alongside the best engineers in the world, making market-leading products for the world’s most successful companies.
With applications in mobile, machine learning, Internet of Things, automotive, security, and embedded devices, your ideas will make a difference and you will have the opportunity to lead, challenge the status quo and ultimately change the world of media processing.
Our product portfolio includes Graphics, Image, Display and Video IP and our Mali™ Graphics Processor is the world’s #1 shipping Graphics Processor.
We are a global team, working across numerous sites and cultures and we are entering a new growth phase to provide new technologies and products for new and existing markets and are looking for talented people to join the team.
Please take a look at the following video to see what it's like to work in Arm:https://youtu.be/F4tNBNBgYEY
Day to day activities include:
- Defining and owning driver module tests
- Analyzing the testing results, including performance results requirements and developing the test architecture.
- Work closely with project managers and technical leads to ensure efficient product development and release.
- Developing and improving parts of the test automation infrastructure
Bachelors, Masters or PhD (computer science or electronics engineering) with a good academic record.
- Experience of analyzing test coverage and maintaining efficiency.
- Experience of working in testing automation of software configurations across multiple platforms.
- Good understanding of software development ideally with C, C++ or Python background.
- Experience of test automation scripting and technologies.
- A practical, organized and pragmatic approach to work.
- Willingness and ability to contribute to process improvement initiatives.
- Practical, organized and analytical approach to work.
- Experience of managing test configurations.
- Experience of testing software across multiple generations of HW and the challenges it brings.
- Experience of test automation of cross-platform and embedded systems.
- Experience of providing technical leadership in one or more significant projects.
- Arm architecture knowledge.
- Experience of automotive test processes and procedures
- Self-reliant and who seeks out information and learning when required
- Ability to solve problems creatively - e.g. challenge the status quo and suggest novel approaches
- Evaluate proposals critically - e.g. contributing to design discussions and code reviews.
- Address all life-cycle phases of large tasks, from specification through test and user documentation, with minimal supervision.
- Take on a technical leadership role for some aspects of project work, investigations, and feasibility studies.
- Provide support and guidance to our internal users and colleagues.
- Understand development and project processes in depth.
- Be willing to travel occasionally to Arm location in UK and worldwide.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Our office in Manchester, England hosts diverse teams from throughout Arm including debuggers, HPC tools, technical communications, DevOps infrastructure provision and open-source software development. The office is located in the heart of Manchester city centre allowing easy access to shops, restaurants and a bustling nightlife. Known for its world-renowned sporting connections, Manchester is seen as the United Kingdom's "second city", as it is the most visited city in England by overseas visitors aside from the capital.
11 Portland St
See on Google maps