Who is Experian? You've probably heard of us.
We unlock the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. At life's big moments - from buying a home or car, to sending a child to college, to growing a business exponentially by connecting it with new customers - we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence so they can maximise every opportunity. For more than 125 years, we've helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish - and we're not done.
Still with me? If we sound like the type of organisation you might like to work for, we currently have an opportunity for a Senior Technology Risk Manager (second line of defence) to join our team.
The purpose of this role is to represent the 2nd line risk team as a subject matter expert, support the maintenance and delivery of our risk frameworks, processes and reporting to help us better understand and manage the risks arising from our use of Technology. We are embarking on major technology transformation over the coming years and this role will play a pivotal role in its oversight.
You will be the point of contact for the Experian Information Technology Services (EITS) business area, providing relevant expertise, advice and independent challenge around their risk and control environment. This role reports directly into the Head of Risk UK & Ireland, but you will also play a role in with the wider Global Risk Management (GRM) team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake technology risk business partnering arrangements, cultivating effective relationships and networks ensuring rapid escalation of risks/issues/events across the business.
- Support the development and delivery of the risk agenda, frameworks and policies in line with regulatory requirements and industry good practice, such as COBIT5.
- Support and challenge the Risk & Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) processes, ensuring accurate, complete, timely and meaningful reporting to the relevant risk management committees.
- Oversight of our Technology Transformation Programme.
- Conducting targeted assurance reviews, oversee our innovative technology projects and reporting in accordance with broader integrated assurance plans.
- Support issue management and risk acceptance processes, together with associated aggregation and reporting activities.
- Support the Experian loss event reporting process, ensuring that actual/potential losses, fix details and root cause analysis are reported accurately and timely to internal management and our regulators.
- Provide technical assistance to the business in relation to the enterprise wide risk system (Archer GRC) and support the implementation of associated system processes / initiatives.
- Make risk meaningful and relevant to your stakeholders through training and awareness materials, sharing best practice in clear easy to understand language.
- Support the Senior Risk Team in delivering broader Risk function objectives and activities.
- Maintain full awareness of and conformance to the Risk Management Framework as well as other relevant Technology, Information Security and GDPR frameworks .
Educated to degree level in a relevant subject, or hold an equivalent technology professional qualification
- Demonstrated experience across technology & change/operational risk in either a first or second line of defence capacity (2LoD preferable)
- Experience of working within Financial Services or Fintech.
- Experience of changing and building and/or operating industry good practice Technology Risk Management Frameworks
- Knowledge and experience of technology practices/frameworks such as ITIL, COBIT, NIST
- Ability to interface with senior stakeholders effectively to establish relationships and become a trusted advisor.
- Ability to produce Board and Executive level risk reports
- An ability to apply technical knowledge in a practical and balanced manner
- Independently minded and able to challenge constructively and professionally
- Proven ability to plan and manage own workload in a challenging environment