Technical Support Engineer (ITSM)
**Option for Office or Remote/Home Based Arrangement**
Looking for more than just a job? We like developing our people just as much as we like developing great products.
Ivanti is a global leader in IT systems and security management, service management, asset management, and mobility management solutions - helping organizations reduce risks and costs associated with managing their IT environment.
The company has received numerous awards for being a Top Place to Work, as well as many accolades for the products it develops.
If you’re passionate about what you do, are a champion of customer satisfaction and success, and interested in developing solutions that make a difference and in having fun while doing it, Ivanti is the place for you!
We are seeking a Senior Technical Support Engineer with experience of working with IT Service Management tools for an established team supporting the Ivanti Enterprise Service Management (ESM) product suite.
The Senior Technical Support Engineer will provide assistance to our global customers, partners and internal staff and provide an excellent standard of service. The Ivanti ESM IT Service Management platform combines ITIL process, support and delivery to provide a flexible, intuitive and self-managing application in the cloud and on-premise.
Through strong technical skills and product knowledge the Support team works to resolve cases raised by effective collaborative troubleshooting, research and testing or for more complex issues engages directly with back-line and product development teams.
Ivanti Technical Support are true advocates for customer satisfaction. Technical Support Engineers work with some of the biggest and best companies and most prestigious universities in the world to solve complex and interesting issues on mission critical systems.
This position provides many opportunities for skills development and career growth, which Ivanti is committed to nurturing. It is a fantastic role to develop expertise in the range of Ivanti solutions, services & customers and the multiple technologies we interact with.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- To provide enterprise level technical and functional support for Ivanti products to global customers, partners and internal staff through troubleshooting and diagnosis
- To participate in the continuous improvement of Ivanti products, solutions and platforms
- Make use of phone and remote access tools appropriately
- Maintain team goals and objectives
- Work as part of a team to progress customer cases
- Ensure customer communication is timely, maintained and appropriate
- To participate in and promote the creation and consumption of knowledge
- Follow and contribute to the continuous improvement of support processes
- Continually build and maintain your own technical expertise to support customers and self-develop
- Participate in focus activities as required – such as backlog reduction, mentoring or coaching of others
- Participate in an on call rota to cover out of hours support
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience supporting IT Service Management tools such as Ivanti Service Manager/Service Desk, BMC Remedy/Helix, ServiceNow, Cherwell, Axios, etc
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Confident user of Microsoft Windows and common applications
- Understanding of Database and Server Technologies
- Understanding of internet and network technologies
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking and organisational skills
- Self-motivated to develop technically
- Ability to cope and work under pressure
- Able to adapt quickly to change
- Flexible and open approach
- Must be able to work well with others as part of a team but at the same time able to work independently
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of ITSM, CMDB and ITIL business processes
- Deep understanding of database concepts and SQL administration
- Experience troubleshooting Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) and associated protocols
- Experience with troubleshooting tools such as Wireshark, Traceroute
- Strong troubleshooting/root cause isolation skills
- Familiarity with AWS, Azure, VMWare
- Experience providing SaaS support is desirable
- Exposure to Microsoft Windows internals (registry, drivers, config, group policies etc)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows server and client OS administration
- Technical blogging, knowledge article creation, forum contribution or web site creation
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP, MCSA, MCSE or MCDBA)
- Must be fluent in English, additional languages could be beneficial particularly French, Italian, Spanish and/or German
External Recruiting Agencies/Vendors: ivanti does not currently engage with external recruiting agencies and will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external agency. Unsolicited resumes submitted by agencies to ivanti will become the property of ivanti and may be contacted and engaged with directly. ivanti maintains a preferred vendor list and only engages with these agencies from time to time. ivanti has not agreed to pay placement or any other fee to companies who have not been specifically retained to conduct a candidate search.
Source : HEAT Software