Here at HM Land Registry we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Technical Architect to join our team based in Plymouth. You will join us on either a Flexible working, Full-time, Job share or Part-time basis and you will receive a highly competitive salary of £47,296 - £51,507 per annum.
It is a very exciting time to join us as we continue on a major digital transformation programme. Our existing software systems form part of the critical national infrastructure, safeguarding land and property ownership valued at £7 trillion, enabling over £1 trillion worth of personal and commercial lending to be secured against property across England and Wales. You will join our award-winning Digital, Data and Technology Directorate which is the in-house IT division at the heart of the move to a digital, data-driven organisation with the ambition to provide our customers with cutting-edge digital services.
Responsibilities of our Senior Technical Architect include:
You will be able to design large projects and see those designs through to delivery, taking accountability for end-to-end solutions. Show where complex problems have been solved, working in collaboration with multiple agile delivery teams to deliver the required outcome and selling technical ideas and concepts in a simple way to diverse stakeholder groups, and influencing at all levels including senior leaders. You must also deliver compliance in line with security requirements, legal and our legislative responsibilities.
What we’re looking for in our Senior Technical Architect:
If you can …
- Understand and have experience of software development or software integration.
- Get close to the tech and delivery aspects of architecture.
- Solve complex problems.
- Develop a solution working with software engineers and other architects, who have different domain specialisms, to deliver the “best fit” solutions.
- Work collaboratively with multiple agile delivery teams to deliver the required outcomes.
If you have experience of …
- Designing for large projects and seeing those designs through to delivery
- Taking accountability for end-to-end solutions from initiation to initial delivery and its ongoing lifecycle in line with a strategy
- Selling technical ideas and concepts in a simple way to diverse stakeholder groups and influencing at all levels including senior leaders; and
- Proactively keep abreast of upcoming technologies and changes in the industry.
We need you!!
Occasional travel is necessary to HM Land Registry business units, external supplier sites and other Government Departments.
Benefits of becoming our Senior Technical Architect:
We offer very competitive terms, conditions and benefits. We provide excellent opportunities for career progression, training and development. You will have access to Civil Service pension and benefits arrangements and generous leave allowances, as well as flexible/remote working – exactly what you would expect from a progressive employer.
It is a great place to work, where difference is celebrated and we’re committed to fairness and equality for all, so you feel valued for who you are and what you do. Diversity fuels our innovation. Our shared values help us work together, to benefit the communities we serve. Our employee diversity networks support our culture of inclusion and contribute to our diversity action plan.
To continue your application for our Senior Technical Architect role, please click ‘Apply’ now.
Closing Date: Sunday 23rd February 2020