Job Description — Senior EDI Technical Analyst
The Senior EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) Technical Analyst is responsible for helping lead the design and development of EDI processes and initiatives. This role will lead small to medium size EDI projects, and act as a liaison among internal and external stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate requirements for creation and changes to these EDI processes. In addition, this role will proactively review and suggest changes to requirements gathering, EDI process design, and EDI project implementations to continually improve the speed of delivery and first time success of EDI implementations. This role is also responsible for overseeing the work of less experienced EDI team members to ensure that EDI implementations are performed on-time and with no negative impact to business.
Strategy & Planning
• Analyze and assess existing EDI processes to provide recommendations to address, prevent and/or resolve business issues.
• Provide recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Help plan and organize tasks, report progress, manage & coordinate with cross functional teams for EDI project implementations.
• Review and suggest changes to requirement gathering, EDI process design, and EDI project implementations to continually improve speed and first time success of EDI implementations.
• Aid in the troubleshooting and resolution of EDI and related integration support issues.
• Work with existing systems to track and manage requests and issues.
• Monitor production systems to identify opportunities to increase efficiencies.
• Develop and implement project plans to successfully meet objectives.
• Attend meetings on behalf of the EDI team.
• Work outside the standard office 8 hour work day may be required.
• Participate in 24/7 on call support rotation as needed.
• Train and share knowledge with EDI team.
• Assist with Lean projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the B2B/EDI team.
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor degree in or foreign equivalent in a related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
• Experience in multiple IT related positions of increasing responsibility.
• Proven experience with EDI mapping and support experience.
• Familiarity with FTP, AS2, or VAN communication protocols.
• Familiarity with an enterprise DBMS, such as Oracle or SQL Server.
• Experience working with IBM B2B Integrator.
• Oracle experience
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
• Strong systems/process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking, organization skills and problem solving skills.
• Highly self motivated and directed.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to effectively move forward on tasks even with ambiguous or changing requirements.
• Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.
We are committed to positively promoting equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. All applicants will be considered for employment on the basis of the job requirements and the individual’s ability and merits in meeting the requirements.