Job Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Job type: Permanent
Location: London Head Office, Holborn
Reporting Relationship: Global Head of Infrastructure and Operations
Argus is a fast-growing global B2B media company providing essential information on commodity markets. As a business, we continue to grow and evolve, adding new markets, new services, new delivery options and improved analytical tools.
We make extensive use of modern technology and are heavily invested in the cloud. Our in-house development team develops and supports several client facing web and mobile platforms built as greenfield projects with leading edge technology.
A part of our continuous improvement program we see seek to expand our Systems Operations team, working closely with other regions within a support model that is moving towards a 24/7 service. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to gain invaluable experience in a fast paced, rapidly growing business environment.
The Senior Systems Operations Engineer will be a critical player supporting a growing application, network and server infrastructure. The role encompasses a wide range of technologies, including Windows, Linux and networking, and the candidate would be comfortable with the occasional desktop issue.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate to work with the global team to affect change and improve current processes and procedures:
- Manage all components in our Amazon Cloud Infrastructure (AWS)
- Administration, Configuration and Troubleshooting of Cisco Meraki, Fortinet and HP Networking devices
- Work closely with DevOps team to ensure high availability
- Work closely with the security team to counter the ever-growing cyber-threat landscape
- Building new cloud and on-premise platforms and deploying improvements to existing ones
- Running and maintaining server infrastructures
- Running and maintaining network infrastructures
- Respond to alarms and outages on an as-needed basis
- Working with other internal teams to identify, manage and resolve issues and incidents
- Ensure architectural standards are maintained
- Participate on the Infrastructure/Operations On-Call Rotation Schedule
- Creating documentation
Skills and Experience
- Experience as an AWS cloud engineer
- Experience as a Windows server administrator supporting enterprise computing platforms
- Experience as a Linux system administrator
- Experience as aNetwork engineer with a good understanding of network design including firewall and security designs, routing and configuration
- Good understanding of TCP/IP and OSI Model
- Good understanding of security and security practices
- Intermediate to Advance PowerShell, Shell and Python Scripting
- Experience managing monitoring environments and tuning notifications for production.
- Experience troubleshooting network performance issues
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Self-motivated, confident and results driven individual
About Argus Media
Argus is an independent media organisation with almost 1,000 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 23 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences.
Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders and global growth equity firm General Atlantic.
Our rapidly-growing, award winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognises and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Group pension scheme
- Group healthcare and life assurance scheme
- 25 days holiday with annual increase up to 30 days
- Subsidised gym membership
- Season ticket travel loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Extensive internal and external training
If this aligns with your next career move, we’d love to hear from you.
Apply via our website www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions