Metaswitch is seeking a full time EMEA Senior Systems Engineer to be based in Europe. This role is suitable for pre-sales telecoms engineers with experience selling to Telecoms service providers in EMEA. Ideally the candidate will have developed a healthy business social network within the EMEA service provider operators.
Reporting to the Systems Engineering Manager for EMEA, and working closely with EMEA Sales Directors, the individual will be responsible for technical solution proposals, including requirements analysis, solution architecture, bid management, presentations and product demonstrations.
- Providing pre-sales support to the Sales Executive team
- Contributing to sales goals to meet divisional sales revenue goals
- Orchestrate the adoption, and positioning of Metaswitch products within operators, whilst assisting, steering and influencing channels to understand and articulate the business benefits and technical strengths of the solutions
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders at all levels inside customers during bid process
- Presenting products and staffing booths at customer meetings, trade shows and trade conferences
- Delivering technical and architectural responses to RFx documents
- Participating in customer network design proposals
- Documenting customer requirements and feedback to product management
- Product demonstrations, where appropriate
A thorough understanding of voice and data networking technologies is essential to be successful in this position. You will also need:
- Significant experience in Telecoms Systems Engineering
- NGN, IMS, VoLTE and 5G architectures and protocols
- Business Services and Unified Communications
- Cloud infrastructure and its relevance to network elements (NFV, Containers)
- SS7 / Intelligent Networks (INAP/CAMEL/WIN) architecture and protocols
- Media Gateway and Media Server protocol interfaces in the NGN and IMS
- Session Border Controllers and their roles in IMS/VoLTE
- Web 2.0 technologies (XML, SOAP, REST, CLI, LUA, scripting etc).
- IP Networking Protocols such as TCP, DHCP, ARP, SMTP, SNMP, DNS, HTTP, FTP, TLS, IPsec etc.
- Network Management: SNMP & network management platforms such as OpenView, etc
- Regulatory and national requirements with regard to routing, legal intercept, recording, emergency numbers, LNP
The successful candidate will have the following personal attributes:
- Solid communication skills
- Sales ability
- The ability to work well in a team, and independently
- Sales experience – ideally including solution selling experience into various Tier 1 to Tier 3 accounts
- The ability to interact with all levels of customer management
- A degree or equivalent qualification
- Ability to travel (moderate to extensive)
- Ability to coordinate multiple and simultaneous projects effectively
- Expert PC skills including Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Visio and have the ability to effectively access and utilise internal and external websites
- Must be fluent in English
We will offer a competitive market salary and, once you have joined us, your salary will be reviewed regularly based on your performance and contribution.
We also offer a comprehensive package of benefits including a bonus plan, company share plan, a non-contributory pension, life insurance and private medical insurance plans, plus a flexible holiday policy.
Metaswitch is proud of our focus on and commitment to our employees, and that our staff retention is exceptionally high. We’re a company that appreciates and looks after our people.
Application and Selection
Our recruitment process is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly.
The first stage will involve a telephone interview with the hiring manager to assess your suitability to the role. The next stage will be an interview at our North London offices where you will be asked to complete some short exercises and meet members of the team.
To apply for this position, please send a
- covering email telling us about yourself and why you are interested in, and suited to, the role
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Employee Events
- Stock Options
- Employee Referral Program
- Paid Holidays
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
Competitive + benefits