Senior Support Worker
Salary: £10.10 per hour
Westmead, Castleford, WF10
About The Bridge
The Bridge provides community based registered care services for people with learning disabilities, autism and associated complex care needs. We provide personalised outcome based support to enable individuals with enhanced care and support needs to live safely, happily and successfully in the community.
- Change perceptions. See the world through the eyes of the people we support and mould the world around them
- Take a different outlook. Be confident to use our wealth of experience and knowledge to look at unique situations differently
- Be nice, kind, patient, resourceful, open minded, resilient and forgiving
- Understand why situations occur. We take an evidence based approach to why behaviour occurs and how to respond appropriately.
- Everyone’s opinions matters. We value every individual as part of the team and they are key to the success of the people we support and the organisation
Our new residential care home at Westmead supports seven people, each within their own homely flat based accommodation. We are looking for dedicated and motivated individuals to join our growing team.
- Competitive salary with opportunity for progression
- £10.10 per hour on joining
- A comprehensive induction with ongoing training
- Contractual hours with opportunity for overtime
- Full time role 40 hours per week
- Opportunity for additional overtime
- An inclusive culture. We are a small growing organization and value the opinion of everyone within our team
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Opportunities for career progression and development to suit your own aspirations
Purpose of the role
The people we support are at the heart of everything we do. Your role will involve supporting individuals to live their lives to their maximum potential in a way that they want to. This will be a varied and diverse role that will involve leading a shift team to support individuals with a broad variety of daily activities, independent living skills and routines important to their respective wellbeing.
We are looking for ambitious and energetic individuals who can make a real difference to the people we support. Some of the individuals we support will at times display complex or difficult to understand behaviours. We will provide you with a comprehensive induction, training and support to build the right skills and experience to feel equipped to respond positively in these situations.
Our aim is to understand people’s different viewpoints of the world around them and mould our approach to their needs. You will have the benefit of seeing the progress people make when supported in the right environment.
We are a values-based recruiter and place a lot of emphasis on developing a positive work culture! All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) paid for by the company
Areas of responsibility:
- Act as a role model and ambassador for The Bridge values
- Support the provision of person centred support to help individuals lead happy and fulfilled lives
- To provide professional guidance and leadership to the staff team
- To ensure the highest standard of support and practice are maintained
- Work closely with our team to develop new skills and ways of working to better understand the needs of each person we support in the home
- To develop an understanding of positive behavioural support and embed this in your daily approach to the role
- Build positive relationships with the people you support, their families, care management, your peers and other key supports
- To ensure that all documentation and recording is completed on a daily basis
- Read, understand and participate in the implementation of policies, care plans, risk assessments and other key documentation
- Adopt a culture of continuous learning and improvement to develop your skills within the role
- Support an open, positive and inclusive working culture
- Act in the best interests of The Bridge and the people you support at all times
- Live our Values!
The Bridge are committed to anti-discriminatory policies and practices and it is essential that the post holder shares and promotes this.