Wood is searching for a structural engineer to support our subsea structural team in Aberdeen.
The role involves a combination of skills including piping and equipment layout, structural design, foundation design and interface management. It is expected that the applicant will have knowledge in at least one of these areas.
The senior engineer will assist our lead and principal engineers, under the guidance of the Business Manager, in developing and/or delivering work scopes as allocated by the project/s.
Require Qualifications, Experience and Competence:
- Engineer with a minimum 2:1 Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Aeronautical, Subsea Engineering or other similar disciplines relating to upstream oil and gas (or offshore renewables) from a recognised university.
- Preference will be given to candidates with previous experience in the UK upstream oil and gas industry, gained before, during or after their university courses.
- Experience with Finite Element programs such as FS2000, Staad, Ansys, Abaqus or similar would be beneficial.
- Chartered Engineer or working towards chartered status desirable.
- Proven ability to communicate and present at all levels.
- Experience in developing manhour budget estimates for work scopes
- Strong problem solving & analytical ability
- Proactive approach and innovative
- Thrives on challenges
- Strong communication and report writing skills
- Enthusiastic and eager to develop
- Effective time management skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to be responsive and open to changing circumstances
- Capable of representing the company and the client in a professional manner
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.