WE ARE LOOKING FOR TALENTED PEOPLE LIKE YOU!!
The friendly team at Priory Hospital Southampton has received an OUTSTANDING CQC rating in the Caring inspection area and is rated GOOD overall. The report on the EDU ward stated that the "all interactions witnessed between staff and the patients were caring and respectful."
Knowing that you’re making a difference to people’s lives is rewarding in itself. But our many roles offer much more than that. As well as helping you grow and develop your talent, we want you to feel proud of where you work and what you do.
The Priory wants you to become part of something special. We are at the forefront of our field and we are dedicated to providing the highest quality of care to our patients and the only way to do that is by investing in our extraordinary colleagues who work for us. We are looking for people to join our team who are rewarded by seeing their patients turn a corner after a demanding journey to recovery. We want to invest in you and your future! Find out about our career pathways:
Comment from our new CAMHS Ward Manager -
“As a new member of staff I was pleasantly surprised at the number of training opportunities there are for personal and professional development. We have a fantastic team with a proactive culture around learning lessons from incidents through reflecting and all working together! The young people we work with are amazing and having time to sit and actively work with them on things that are helpful to them (groups; one to one; working with families) makes a good job a rewarding one!”
• Adopt a systemic, individual approach to all patient care plans and communicate the outcomes to the clinical team both verbally and in writing, ensuring all CPA and risk assessment documentation is kept up to date.
. Ability to lead a team and communicate effectively
. Undertake lead roles as directed by ward manager
Provide supervision for junior nurse and health care assistants
• Ensure effective communication of any concerns relating to patient care.
• Deputise in the absence of the Ward Manager and their Deputy to manage the staffing and clinical needs of the ward as required.
• Support and supervise new or junior assist and support regional management in developing and implementing new services.
• Manage the assessment, implementation and evaluation of individual patient care plans while promoting a professional working environment to ensure a high standard of patient care.
The successful candidate will be required to apply for a disclosure at the enhanced level from the Disclosure and Barring Services. Further information can be obtained from www.dbs.gov.uk. Priory Group will cover the cost of a DBS check for all successful applicants. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Set back within 1.5 acres of landscaped gardens, the tranquil environment of the Priory Hospital Southampton offers therapeutic and recovery focused residential treatment as well as day care and outpatient services.
Priory Hospital Southampton is a smoke-free hospital that provides 40 beds across 3 wards. The services provided at the hospital include a young peoples ward (CAMHs) and treatment of most psychiatric conditions and Eating Disorders.
We have a highly experienced team of mental health professionals and support staff, which include consultant psychiatrists, psychologists, nurses and therapists
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.
What we’d like to offer you:
- Excellent salary
- Many benefits in line with the NHS
- Working with a dedicated multidisciplinary team
- Free on-site parking
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Flexible benefits including reduced rates and access to new schemes including gym membership, IT technology (laptops / tablets / smartphones) and private healthcare
- Access to development opportunities including:
- Sponsorship of professional qualifications through our Individual Professional Development (IPD) panel
- Improved CPD application & panel process
- Leadership & management development
- Support with your Revalidation
- 50% Payment of your NMC fees
- Long service award
- Flexibility with the introduction of our new e-rostering system which will allow you to book additional shifts through an online portal in the future
- Enhanced support with Return to Practice
- Subsidised meals
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Birthday Holiday - Your Birthday as an extra days annual leave
- Refer a friend to nursing bonus
- Enhancements for nights, weekends and bank holidays
- Mentoring and involvement in HCA / Support worker development
- £3,000 Welcome Bonus
As one of the UK’s leading providers of behavioural care and specialist support services to adults and young people, Priory Group promise a challenging and fulfilling career with the support of a world class organisation willing to invest in your development.
Across our network of hospitals, residential care homes, education facilities and supported living services, we are making a real and lasting difference to the lives of the people we support.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Group will cover the cost of a DBS check.